KT:Physical Skill versus Contributions

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Physical Skill versus Contributions
By Kenposoldier01 - 04-16-2014 10:02 PM
Originally Posted at: KenpoTalk

====================

What do you think about the higher black belt ranks being more about contributions to the art rather than Physical skill?

Is this just a cheap excuse for the physically unskilled or extremely decrepit to justify wearing higher rank or is this about
the spiritual side over riding the importance of the physical... interestingly I never thought that meant the physical was supposed to be
abandoned or to decline to near white belt levels. I thought it meant you have to balance your tremendous physical skills
with... well, less of a blood lust for lack of a better way to explain it.

I know that we cannot agree on and it is difficult to define what exactly constitutes physical skill but you have to admit that you have
at least seen someone at some point in your years of training who stood out to you as skillful so we have an idea of what skillful is and
we have proven on this forum and else where that we are great at picking apart the unskilled aspects of anyone's execution so before
turning this into "Define Physical Skill" I would ask that you not be distracted by that and use "to your best knowledge" what physical skill
in the art might look like in answering how you feel about the higher black belt ranks being about contributions...

Also I don't have a clue what the history of this notion that the higher ranks were supposed to be about contributions where did that come
from and why?

Read More...

------------------------------------
KenpoTalk.com Post Bot - Kenpo Feed