MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

fnorfurfoot

Senior Master
Reaction score
For the most part, I liked them. The gun disarm was simple enough. The knife defense was pretty decent. Very similar to things that we already do. Blocking the stick attack with the shoulder was the only one I thought was iffy. I liked how the rest of the technique flowed but that first block seemed like it could go badly if you didn't time it right.

dok

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I could only take a casual look, at work right now.

a few quick comments

the gun disarm looked nice, except it seems to assume a barrel sufficiently long to grip. Is this just a result of the training gun being of this type? Would this technique be as effective with a subcompact?

i agree, fnorfurfoot, with the shoulder block vs. stick attack. Thinking out loud, as I have no experience with stick disarms - it would seem that if faced with an attack of this type you'd have the option of closing the distance as in the clip, or getting out of the way (duck?). Both can get nasty if timed wrong, and at least between those two choices better have the shoulder get whacked than the head.

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
I thought that all the clips were interesting. I especially liked the club disarm. The step inside the arc using the shoulder shield would be effective, but then(from a kenpo guy!!!) it got over complicated. I mean the moves fit, but he could just as easily ended it after getting inside. By wrapping the left arm over the attackers right, and just twisting the(defender's)body violently clockwise. Then if needed following through with any number of finishing techniques. To simplistic?

1stJohn1:9

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I liked all of the clips. Like any disarm, timing is key.

Latest Discussions