Krabi Krabong USA

destructautomaton

Green Belt
Reaction score
came directly from his facebook page posted in the last couple of days.
its kind of frightening in its delusion-dont you think?
he said this too this was earlier and the above post is second they roll hand in hand"""Saturday, 5 March is the birthday of the last GreatGrandmaster of Krabi-Krabong, Samai Masamarn. Anyone with true respect for Thai National Martial Arts should honor his memory with honesty and humility, and not be afraid to show their papers to anyone who asks."""
nice tribute post but what does show their papers to anyone who asks mean? again sort of ego ranting.if a person does have the papers what does it mean? sort of opposite of honesty and humity open and inclusive--

just checked to make sure both posts are still up!

Last edited:

destructautomaton

Green Belt
Reaction score
go to facebook,com, log on or join, look for steven wilson or go to this link
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000550021550

if not these are the posts with the date time and responses from his friends

Steven Wilson
Krabi-Krabong, unlike muay Thai, is a war art. As such, it is vitally important that no posers try to teach. Each licensed instructor will have certification signed by officials of the Ministry of Education and the representative of the Thai Army. It is too dangerous to allow anyone unlicensed to teach weapons, and quite possibly could be considered fraud or a 'bunko' scheme by state attorneys general.
Saturday at 2:40pm · Like ·

Steven Wilson
Saturday, 5 March is the birthday of the last GreatGrandmaster of Krabi-Krabong, Samai Masamarn. Anyone with true respect for Thai National Martial Arts should honor his memory with honesty and humility, and not be afraid to show their papers to anyone who asks.
March 3 at 4:13pm · Like ·
3 people like this.
Alex Bay Early Happy Teacher's Day to you, Ajarn Steve.
March 3 at 4:40pm · Like
Gabi Maxwell I agree

OP
B

BigWilliam

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
go to facebook,com, log on or join, look for steven wilson or go to this link
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000550021550

if not these are the posts with the date time and responses from his friends

Steven Wilson
Krabi-Krabong, unlike muay Thai, is a war art. As such, it is vitally important that no posers try to teach. Each licensed instructor will have certification signed by officials of the Ministry of Education and the representative of the Thai Army. It is too dangerous to allow anyone unlicensed to teach weapons, and quite possibly could be considered fraud or a 'bunko' scheme by state attorneys general.
Saturday at 2:40pm · Like ·

Steven Wilson
Saturday, 5 March is the birthday of the last GreatGrandmaster of Krabi-Krabong, Samai Masamarn. Anyone with true respect for Thai National Martial Arts should honor his memory with honesty and humility, and not be afraid to show their papers to anyone who asks.
March 3 at 4:13pm · Like ·
3 people like this.
Alex Bay Early Happy Teacher's Day to you, Ajarn Steve.
March 3 at 4:40pm · Like
Gabi Maxwell I agree

Thank you for posting the link.

I can't answer for Ajarn Wilson. My first thought would be that it is directed at individuals who claim Buddhai Sawan lineage who haven't trained it. I will ask the next time I speak with him. I would also suggest that if you are looking for clarification to ask him directly.

As far as what I am trying to do....I'm open to any and all people to be included, even if it's only a mention without direct contact info.

Best regards,
William

destructautomaton

Green Belt
Reaction score
well thats YOUR teacher and if thats where the info comes form i cant see how you can have an impartial org just my two cents. certainly turned my stomachreading that and im gungho for krabikrabong

OP
B

BigWilliam

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
well thats YOUR teacher and if thats where the info comes form i cant see how you can have an impartial org just my two cents. certainly turned my stomachreading that and im gungho for krabikrabong

Yes, he is one of my teachers. Without knowing the context of the the thoughts behind the statement, there is nothing for me to comment on. It is out of the ordinary in my experience.....That is what I can say at this point.

Now, if you were to go back and look at my numerous online posts in the last 12 years or so, you won't find me getting into the politics of martial arts. I was black balled by a former instructor many years ago and it took some time for me to come out of that and for others to realize that what that person was saying was bullshirt. Since that time I steer clear of the politics, rank worship, and paper tigers. All that is important to me is honesty and being able to walk the walk. That is what drives me and that is what I would build an organization on. At this point, I'm just talking about an all inclusive resource page, nothing more.

Best regards,
William

destructautomaton

Green Belt
Reaction score
who else did you learn krabikrabong from?since you said you want to do an org later did you go to thailand

OP
B

BigWilliam

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I spoke with Steve and as I suspected, those posts were directed at a certain individual running a school and claiming to have a certificate (or "papers") from Ajarn Wilson. He was in no way inferring that all Krabi Krabong practitioners should be showing "papers" to be considered legit.

My comment about an organization was an "if", not a "when". Meaning IF I were to build an organization, it would be built on honesty, respect, and skill, not papers, licensing, or rank fees. At this time I have no plans to build a large organization and I haven't said that anywhere in this thread. What I would like to do is build an unbiased resource to help more people get exposed to KK. I have started one and as Vincent pointed out earlier in the thread, it is weighted toward one lineage at this time. That is because that is the line I know. I will add others as I find them, or as others submit information or point me in the right direction. All I want this to be is a resource where interested people can look to find information and then make their own decisions.

Best regards,
William

VASI

Orange Belt
Reaction score
kk is cool i finally did a few classes and i dug it, interesting stuff. thai dudes in class were talkin bout stuff liek the early stuff in this thread
different styles and stuff didnt have time to continue but will go back when i jet back to thailand.

OP
B

BigWilliam

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've been trying to put together a Krabi Krabong Resource page and this is what I've come up with so far...

http://www.mongrelcombativearts.com/krabi_resources_74.html

If you know of any other sources I don't have listed and you would like to share please let me know. It would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
William

Mongrel Combative Arts
Eight Limbs Muay Thai Studios

Recche88

White Belt
Reaction score
I have studied some Muay Boran and Krabi Krabong in Thailand and now I'm looking for a school or teacher in New York to continue with. Anyone here know of any KK schools in New York? Thanks

Saevus

White Belt
Reaction score
I have studied some Muay Boran and Krabi Krabong in Thailand and now I'm looking for a school or teacher in New York to continue with. Anyone here know of any KK schools in New York? Thanks
I'm sorry I don't have any info regarding KK schools in New York but I would like to ask, where in Thailand you learned Muay Boran and KK?

Latest Discussions