Kosho Shorei Ryu Kempo / Bruce Juchnik

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
well i would like to add something about this i have know Bruce Juchnik ever since the middle 70s :eek: ( wow) anyway i know that he did tracys kenpo, so one day we were at the east coast gathering ( in pottsville P.A.) Jeff Driscoll's school, and we were talking about different techs in Tracys, and Parker kenpo(btw we were standing buy the bar ) and he was doing a tech in tracys kenpo, then i did a parker tech, well he than did a parker tech, so what i'm saying he knew the parker systen also:xtrmshock , by the time we were done, alot of his students were just standing there with ther mouths open :jaw-dropping:.
anyway i have northing but respect for this man:bangahead:, i don;t know why people do what they do?? but it is what it is, and i also know that alot of people think that Mr Terry Lee is the man in charge:tantrum: but thats a story for another day. here is a picture from the E.C. gathering.

29.jpg

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi all

Funny thing I posted this 2-3 years ago and I just happened to log on today after not logging onto martialtalk for a long time.
Anyway, KenpoDave it could be the fact that Bruce was never on the family tree and/or I am not recalling what I may or may not have seen correctly. I thought I had seen him on it a long time ago. To the question of Bruce and his school in Orangevale Vic Hernandez was running it the last time I heard. It's been a while since I've talked to anyone in Kosho. Partially because I've become pretty busy with work and partially for personal reasons and political dissagreements with what is going on with Kosho. Either way I hope things are going well in the kai.

KK

It could be. FWIW, men who are still very active in the Tracy System, such as Ray Arquilla, Ted Sumner, Roger Greene, Bart Vale, etc., are not listed as shodans on the tree, and do not show up in the rankings until about 5th, sometimes 6th black. I haven't looked real closely to see what the earliest date is, but I imagine that ranks bestowed before about 1985 are not shown on the internet Family Tree.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can not comment on the mans rank or his true history, however I met him for the first time last week and must say I was impressed with his movemnet and knowledge.
My hope is that the next time I meet him I will have time to sit down and talk to him more and ask questions that have been brought up here. He seems more than willing to answere any question asked of him

Latest Discussions