Kosho ryu Kempo ?

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
Just surfing at work today and came across this person.
I will ask Hanshi Juchnik this??? when i talk with him tonight.
But just wondering if any of you out there today ever heard of this person? I got this off the web???

My guess is he took lesson under Hanshi and then broke away, but i maybe wrong...

buchan.jpg
canada.gif

Hanshi Richard Buchan, 9 Dan
National Representative of Canada

Grand Master Richard Buchan is a 9th degree black belt in Kosho Ryu Kenpo. He is an international martial arts instructor with 30 years experience. His greatest strength is helping people. As the founder of Kosho Ryu International he travels the globe to help people with their Ki.

Grand Master Buchan’s greatest quest is to take his martial arts to the highest level possible while teaching and helping people in the process. Over the years he has appeared on TV talk shows as well as teaching at international seminars in different countries.

His greatest love has been teaching at the respected “Old Pine Tree Centre” in Canada. This is an international master’s school open only to black belts and dan ranks of all styles. At the centre students learn to take the arts to mastery level. Classes are held every week. To help international students, each year there are seminars and workshops that are arranged in Ontario Canada to reach these goals for individuals that do not reside in Canada. He also invites other grand Masters to take part. His love for the arts is great and he does not charge for his instruction at the Pine Tree Centre.

Kosho

Kosho Gakkusei

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
Just surfing at work today and came across this person.
I will ask Hanshi Juchnik this??? when i talk with him tonight.
But just wondering if any of you out there today ever heard of this person? I got this off the web???

My guess is he took lesson under Hanshi and then broke away, but i maybe wrong...

I was at a seminar where Hanshi was asked about this guy. Apparently, a number of years ago. Richard Buchan invited Hanshi Juchnik to Canada to teach a seminar on Kosho Ryu. Shortly after, Buchan declared himself to be the Hanshi of Kosho Ryu and a 9th Dan in Kosho Ryu Kempo. Ironicly there is no Dan grade beyond 7th in Kosho Ryu. Juchnik Hanshi is only a 7th Dan. I believe Pat Kelly Sensei is a 6th Dan as is Uncle Larry & possibly Mike Brown Sensei. Juchnik Hanshi does not view himself as the Grand Master of Kosho Ryu either.

_Don Flatt

OP
kosho

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Donn,
Thanks i will also still ask him tonight about it.
Kosho

koshojim

White Belt
Reaction score
new 2 this site trying 2 find brothers in the kosho arts

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I tried a search for Hanshi Richard Buchan but find little tha gives any real background on who he is or when and where he supposedly trained

Kosho Gakkusei

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I tried a search for Hanshi Richard Buchan but find little tha gives any real background on who he is or when and where he supposedly trained

I can't find anything either. Judging from the content of the videos on his site it appears he's had training in Aikido or Aikijutsu. What he performs does not look very much like Kosho Shorei except for maybe 1 or 2 things he picked up from a few seminars with Juchnik Hanshi.

_Don Flatt

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
folks all this is interesting but the question remains as to the first post in this thread has anyone come up with more information on that man?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Admin Note:

You will notice that some posts have been removed from this thread. Those posts can now be found in this thread. This thread is reserved for the discussion on Hanshi Buchan.

Please keep this thread on topic.

Mike Slosek
MT Asst. Admin.

Mr.NGMA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi, Rick Buchan did have Bruce Juchnik up for a seminar or two.

He got his blackl belt in 1994 in Kempo.With the help of a now retired instructor named Mike B. along with Ken Relf, Rick let them use his Dojo to also run a seminar with Thomas B. Mitose.

He uses the name Kosho Ryu and the crest because he has mentioned that the crest is public domain for all to use. This he told Ken.

Latest Discussions