Kogahakempo.com

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
koga ha said:
i guess the point i was trying to make was translating into another languague my not carry the same meaning. for example: (this is old, but makes the point) u.s. markets a car called "nova", you know a star, in mexico. well, in mexican "nova" means can't go. needless to say the car did not sell to well.
Right I don't think they misspelled screwdriver, old man, money , murder also I don't think they had any problems translating the words.
Listenining to the offender is usally a tricky business. denial, Justifiactions cloud the truth

koga ha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ray said:
The fundamental difference between my gi and my street clothes is the diamond shaped gusset in the crotch; and I normally wear shoes on the street. Other than practicing high-kicks in the studio, I won't be doing anything in my gi that I can't do in street clothes.

If your hakama hides your foot patterns, then they aren't going to be very well hidden on the street unless you wear a fashionable, long dress.
i guess, i'm to assume that only men practice kempo or if something should happen on the street, people will be dressed in slacks and shoes?

i don't understand why you would get hung up on a hakama.

R

rmcrobertson

Thank you, Mr. Bishop--good detail.

You know, just once, I wish these guys would simply acknowledge what happened and build from there. After all, a) there's plenty of crappy behaviour to discuss throughout the whole history of martial arts, and b) it wouldn't necessarily mean one was irredeemable.

And, it'd be a much better basis for their art in the future.

But then, I wish that people wouldn't claim degrees and titles that they're not even remotely entitled to, then endlessly try to BS their way out of reality.

Oh well.

koga ha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
Right I don't think they misspelled screwdriver, old man, money , murder also I don't think they had any problems translating the words.
Listenining to the offender is usally a tricky business. denial, Justifiactions cloud the truth
you made a better point...where do you get screwdriver? you don't even have the story right.

koga ha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
John Bishop said:
You PM'd your name and address to me as: "Terry Lee", Kansas City, Mo.
So, are you really Terry Lee, or a relative, or is the name just coincidental?
I figured if you were Terry Lee, or Terry Lee Jr. you'd already know the story.
i am his son and i do know the story...why do you think i keep questioning certain comments, yours included?

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
koga ha said:
you made a better point...where do you get screwdriver? you don't even have the story right.
I'm sorry.. What did he stab him with??

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
koga ha said:
i guess, i'm to assume that only men practice kempo or if something should happen on the street, people will be dressed in slacks and shoes?

i don't understand why you would get hung up on a hakama.
Well, if you want to wear it, then go right ahead. If a kenpo practitioner (male or female) happens to be in a dress on the street and has to defend themselves, then I suppose the dress will make little/no difference.

However, you said the hakama served the purpose of hiding your foot manuevers. How the heck do you hide your foot manuevers without it? Help me understand the practicality of it, if there is any.,

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
koga ha said:
i am his son and i do know the story...why do you think i keep questioning certain comments, yours included?
OK, I understand your reasons for not wanting to believe what's been put forward here.
But the court transcript is public information, verifiable, unbiased, and contains testimony from the participants. Your father being one.
You should have one in the mail soon.

Jeff Boler

Blue Belt
Reaction score
koga ha said:

Well, you admitted to this at least. I'm sorry, but that makes your judgement somewhat biased. If you are his son, then you know "the real" story, or at least, the one he wants you to believe. Why all of dodging tactics? Tell us all the truth, so we don't have to keep having the same arguement all of the time.

It also speaks volumes that you wont use your real name....you have to hide behind an alias.

koga ha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Jeff Boler said:
Well, you admitted to this at least. I'm sorry, but that makes your judgement somewhat biased. If you are his son, then you know "the real" story, or at least, the one he wants you to believe. Why all of dodging tactics? Tell us all the truth, so we don't have to keep having the same arguement all of the time.

It also speaks volumes that you wont use your real name....you have to hide behind an alias.
it's the internet...get a grip. hide behing an alias...:lol:

koga ha

Orange Belt
Reaction score
John Bishop said:
OK, I understand your reasons for not wanting to believe what's been put forward here.
But the court transcript is public information, verifiable, unbiased, and contains testimony from the participants. Your father being one.
You should have one in the mail soon.
thank you.

Jeff Boler

Blue Belt
Reaction score
koga ha said:
it's the internet...get a grip. hide behing an alias...:lol:

Ok, here we have it. The son of a CONVICTED MURDERER comes on this board in an attempt to "re-write" history, and this is all he can come up with.

Trust me, LOL is exactly what i'm doing....

Gentle Fist

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The Kai said:
Did he fall on the knife, like 2 dozen times??
haha, reminds me of a time when a kid told the teacher that his fist ran into my head.