kind of done with this

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
way too much crying, whining, pissing and moaning, and way too many people paying attention to the crying instead of telling people to just grow up.

And on top of everything else, we have, as a nation protected SPEECH above everything else, and there are way too many people here too ready to try and silence opinions they dont like. And the fact that it is even being entertained? thats sad.

amazing that many people that cry that much are supposed to be martial artists.....

in what? slap fighting?

Bill posts links, oh the horror. He should be banned

I tell the truth about islam, oh the humanity!!! I should be taken out and beheaded..

I correct the more outlandish lies from the left. How dare I!!!

You all have fun.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bye, don't let the door slam on your backside on your way out.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Another woe is me, goodbye cruel study thread? Some of you people suck.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
See you later Twin Fist. I hope to see you back soon. You shouldn't let them push you out, but I can understand a need for a break. I'll be here.

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bye, don't let the door slam on your backside on your way out.

Or as we say in Kentucky, don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.

But to be fair, you and I have disagreed on pretty much everything here ... but I still respect you. Take a break, watch some Rachel Maddow, and come back with a fresh perspective. :uhyeah: MT will still be here.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Toodle Pip.
I can spot a Logical Contradiction in your OP, which is simply that Free Speech also allows people to disagree with you, however insensible. Not that it matters, but i prefer to remain Neutral to all ways shapes and forms of Political discussion. That way, im not coining myself in a position to breed negativity; Which is abundent once people start argueing over things theyve developed strong opinions on.

See you if you ever come back!

And now, so that its clear didnt drag myself all the way in here to pick out a Logical Contradiction; The actual reason is that i was curious of your reasons.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"kind of done with this"

So, you're not really done?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
way too much crying, whining, pissing and moaning, and way too many people paying attention to the crying instead of telling people to just grow up.

I've said it before:irony, thy name is Twin Fist :rolleyes: :lfao:

And on top of everything else, we have, as a nation protected SPEECH above everything else, and there are way too many people here too ready to try and silence opinions they dont like. And the fact that it is even being entertained? thats sad.

Sad, perhaps, that our host and dictator, Bob, has been driven to contemplate it, but it's his house, and was never a democracy or bastion of "protected SPEECH."

amazing that many people that cry that much are supposed to be martial artists.....

Pot? Kettle? Ironic much? :lfao:

in what? slap fighting?

Real slaps are pretty vicious, dude....

Bill posts links, oh the horror. He should be banned

No, but I regret ever showing him how-his posts were annoying before I did, and now they're even worse.

I tell the truth about islam, oh the humanity!!! I should be taken out and beheaded..

"Truth," especially in this case, is relative.

I correct the more outlandish lies from the left. How dare I!!!

Whatever.

You all have fun.

I'll miss you, John-I missed you when you were exiled, and I'll miss you during this self-imposed one, though I was hoping for more than just one or two notes from that trumpet of yours. In the meantime, don't forget your little red wagon, m'kay?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
MAJOR EDIT to original post

My apologies, I did not realize that icon did what it was doing I thought it was just waving good bye so I have changed it to what I wanted it to be

Elder feel free to delete the thanks since I am changing the post drastically, it was not what I meant to put up at all...sorry about that

This is what it was suppose to be
wavey.gif

Last edited:

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I'll miss you Coach.

Oh Look! Everyone has turned out to see you go. Such a fine day for a parade.

:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The only proper way to respond to these "Woe is me, you suck, I'm leaving" threads is to either toss them immediately, or mock the departing attention seeking drama queen mercilessly. Since I can't delete the OP I mean thread, I choose option 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and here is a good example of why...

right back at ya. Mind you, if i did the CONSTANT TROLLING BS that LL does? 10 points.....

I said "kind of" because thats what i meant

kind of.

I will read the study, but it is clear to me that it would be pointless to post here.

two voices against the roar of a herd of liberal thought, TWO conservatives (the rest quit posting here long ago for the same reason) crying for the virtual death or banishment of anyone that dares to disagree, and make no mistake, that is exactly what the current Study drama is, people want me and Bill to get banned because we dare to disagree, and do it with passion.

think about the numbers for a second.

on one hand, you have me and Bill, on the other, pretty much everyone else. yeah, we are sooooo horrible......WTFE

This isnt a pity party, Speaking for myself, i could not care less if I am not "popular" you people DO NOT EXIST in my world, you are words, on a screen I look at during the day. I take a LOT of abuse, and thats ok, i bring it on myself for the most part, and when i try to go by the rules, as ordered, and instead of calling someone out for being a ****ing jackass, i just RTM the post? I get called more names for playing by the rules.

There is no way to win IF you do not march with the pack around here.

THATS the problem.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, I hope you find what you need. You've always been opinionated and stubborn, but your rhetoric has become amplified over the last several months. Whether you need counseling, a motorcycle trip across the country or just a nice vacation on a beach somewhere, I hope you get it so that you can decompress. Forums are about dialogue and dialogue goes both ways. Maybe when you get back, you'll understand that people who disagree with you aren't enemies. They're just people who disagree with you.

Edit to add: Just for what it's worth, in most of the country, I'm considered a moderate conservative.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm curious, no offense meant or hostility, what do you consider the moderate part and what do you consider the conservative part? Is it the moderate on social issues and conservative on fiscal issues or something else?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On the charge of 'censorship':

First, censorship generally refers to the restriction of free speech rights by a government entity, such as a government restricting the right of a person or the media to publish or make public statements of some kind. Censorship in general does not apply to private enterprises. For example, my employer can certainly restrict what I can and cannot say while at work; and Bob can certainly restrict what can be said on the discussion forum he owns and runs. Restrictions of this nature are hardly 'censorship', regardless of how fair or unfair, deserved or undeserved they might be.

Second, imagine for a second that you were naught but an annoying troll on this forum. I know you do not see yourself that way, but pretend for a moment that you were. Is Bob not entitled to ban trolls that do nothing but cause disruption, whose intent is not to discuss or inform, but to badger, hector, and offend? Surely if it were not allowed to ban trolls, every discussion forum would soon sink into oblivion, deserted by all reasonable people in short order.

On the charge of complaints:

As I've stated, I've made no such complaints about you, or about others in The Study. However, I've gotten my share of hate PM's from various users, haven't I? Who is the whiner, who is the complainer? I just want to be clear on this. Everything I've said about you, I've said directly. Either as a reply to your PM, or on the forum. I've never complained to the mods about you, to the best of my recollection (and they can correct me on this if I am lying or mistaken). As I believe Elder said, Pot, meet Kettle.

On the complaint about link-posting:

There is clearly a difference between posting one's opinion and then citing the link from where one draws one's opinion, with quotations, and simply posting such quotes wholesale with a link and a "And I agree" at the bottom of it. That's essentially republishing, not discussing. And if many of us wanted to read Big Pajama Football News of the World Media or whatever the right-wing hate-blog du jour is, I suspect we'd read it on our own, so there really is no need to publish it daily here. That's really not discussing, that's trolling. One simply posts a link to something one knows will get people's panties in a twist, and then sits back to enjoy the riot. Shall we pretend that is NOT what is going on?

On the subject about Islam:

No sir, you are not telling the truth about Islam. You are posting your opinion, which you are entitled to. You seldom come out and say what you believe, however, preferring to hide your intent behind links to other sites and vague statements insinuating your beliefs rather than stating them. On the rare occasion you have deigned to simply state your dislike and distrust of all Muslims, you seem offended by the statement that such beliefs are by definition those of a bigot. You claim to accept that "not all Muslims are bad," but you post nothing else except how bad they are. You think you post facts. I think it's nothing more than vile hatred of a group of people based on their religion. And as much as you're entitled to your opinion, I am also entitled to mine. About Islam and about your statements about Islam. Frankly, it's not your opinion of Islam which I feel should be silenced; it's your attempts to foment anger inside the forum.

OP
Twin Fist

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bill,
not everything is about YOU.

You are not even on my list of people that I wouldnt drink with.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I'm curious, no offense meant or hostility, what do you consider the moderate part and what do you consider the conservative part? Is it the moderate on social issues and conservative on fiscal issues or something else?
Frankly, it's issue to issue. I will tend to vote for civil liberties and fiscal responsibility. Gay marriage, for example, is a non-issue, and I believe that the conservative position would clearly be to allow it... or remove government completely (including government incentives). Legalize pot. Put more controls on welfare systems, such as requiring drug testing. But I also understand that some things, like drug testing, cost money. I like the flat tax idea, but it's important to me that we tax ALL income, not just wages.

I'm not saying I'm 100% conservative. I support social security and think a single payer health care system is absolutely the direction we should go. But on most things, I end up agreeing more with a reasonable conservative position than not.

The moderate part means that I understand that this country is vast and that no one faction can claim to speak on behalf of everyone or carry a mandate for a radical agenda.

Latest Discussions