KIKS Tournaments

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
For the past year I have only entered in one Dojo's tournaments, and at the 2004 KIKS banquet I was awarded Grand Champion for Overall score for 2004. This is only the beginning of my story though, after coming in first place last year, and not being apart of the Dojo that holds the tournament, I have become resented, honestly they didn't even like me from the begining, because I didn't take TKD, nor was I affiliated with any of the sponsering Dojos. That being said, I have become judged harder in Kata (weapons included) and I get penalties on being to rough during sparring...when I am the one that limps out to my car with bruises on my feet, witch where padded at the time of injury. The people at KIKS tournaments wanted me to get beat up and not let me fight back with the same amount of roughness that was being shown to me, witch was apparent to me, and to spectators in the crowd.(I was approched several times)

So whats the point....

1) Just wanted to let you all know about the Grand Champion tittle I have earned at a place where no one likes me. Kuddos for me.

And also...

2.) Was wondering if anyone here has had a one sided judge(s) or have had any contact with KIKS tournaments

Tell your stories....

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never heard of the KIKS circuit but from my point of view you deserve Kuddos for your Accomplimish inthe square circle. As far as being picked on you just need to become a member inside ther club and that will go away. Keep us updated on your stituation please.

OP
Sin

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't do TKD, nor will I pay to have the classes, and definitly not be picked on any more. honestly I go to the tournaments, not to win, but pretty much to meet other martial Artists not to win tournaments or stature with the Mcdojos of the world, and yes KIKS is ran by a circle of mcdojos, and they all up themselves....i do like beating them all at there own game though.

none the less I will not sign up at a Mcdojo so people will like me, that goes aginst just about everything I am taught, in the dojo and even at home, i don't conform so people will like me, anywhere i go, cause I am who i say I am, and if you like what you see, well then I am happy, if you don't, I feel sorry for ya, all i do is my best, and along the way i make a few friends, most of the time. Sometimes you make enemies, but personalities do clash and they have for all time.

By the way if you all rememmber my first Tournament story that i posted a long wile back, the big guy that I fought for first place and lost by one point was at the last tournament...i spoke with him and i told his that I enjoyed our last match, he told me that i was the only one (that was in his belt ranking/age group) that ever gave him a run for him a challenge in the ring. being as big as he was there wheren't many people in his school to give him problems. I felt good about that cause I am always going to rememmber that fight, and he always will too. i hope to get in touch with him sometime and we can spar by my rules, maybe things will be a little more different. Ah who knows. Hes a good guy though. i didn't get to spar him in the last tournament cause I just turned 18 and he is still 17...maybe at the next tournament.

Latest Discussions