Kieth Olberman out at Msnbc

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, Keith Olberman is leaving his show at MSNBC, and as a political conservative I have to say that that is too bad. He was a strong voice on the left and passionate and open debate is necesarry to keep a nation free. I never watched his show, I heard clips of some oh his material, but I have to say good luck, and as long as it wasn't something bad that we will find out later, I hope you land on your feet. Maybe fox will hire him as another comentater.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Apparently, Keith Olberman is leaving his show at MSNBC, and as a political conservative I have to say that that is too bad. He was a strong voice on the left and passionate and open debate is necesarry to keep a nation free. I never watched his show, I heard clips of some oh his material, but I have to say good luck, and as long as it wasn't something bad that we will find out later, I hope you land on your feet. Maybe fox will hire him as another comentater.
I'm glad to see him go, personally. He was as much a part of the problem as Glen Beck.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Drudge lists ratings for all the cable networks, all the fox shows beat everyone else, but Olberman was top of the heap over at MSNBC. Drudge is also reporting that it may have been Olberman wanting more money. I didn't read the article but that seemed to be the headline. I don't think he was worth what he was probably getting paid, but that wasn't my call.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Drudge lists ratings for all the cable networks, all the fox shows beat everyone else, but Olberman was top of the heap over at MSNBC. Drudge is also reporting that it may have been Olberman wanting more money. I didn't read the article but that seemed to be the headline. I don't think he was worth what he was probably getting paid, but that wasn't my call.

Former broadcaster here -- this is an industry I know well. Olberman was top of the heap for all viewers ages 12+ but the overwhelming percentage of those viewers are in the 65+ age range -- which is not a very sexy demographic as far as advertising buys. 25-54 is where the advertising money is, Olberman has consistently done poorly in that demographic. The argument may very well have been over money, but one needs ad agency buy-in to justify the salary...

Personally I wish he would go back to ESPN. Loved him on SportsCenter :)

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
John Nolte of Bighollywood, writing at Bigjournalism, bids farewell to Kieth olberman.

http://bigjournalism.com/jjmnolte/2...ne-the-news-media-is-now-even-more-dishonest/

"Keith Olbermann was my political adversary, a ruthless and determined adversary never above making a fool of himself or hitting below the belt. But I will at least stop for a moment to salute the smoking ruins of a career fought openly on the battlefield as opposed to the dark, cowardly, dishonest shadows of “objectivity.” It’s the difference between a “screw you” to the face and a stab in the back, the difference between a dirty player and a corrupt referee."

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Former broadcaster here -- this is an industry I know well. Olberman was top of the heap for all viewers ages 12+ but the overwhelming percentage of those viewers are in the 65+ age range -- which is not a very sexy demographic as far as advertising buys. 25-54 is where the advertising money is, Olberman has consistently done poorly in that demographic. The argument may very well have been over money, but one needs ad agency buy-in to justify the salary...

Personally I wish he would go back to ESPN. Loved him on SportsCenter :)
He was good on SportsCenter. :)

Latest Discussions