Kick -spinning kick

opr1945121 8

Master Black Belt
Novice here, not a fighter, most fightinh was years ago and all but 1 lost.

Any way I have heard a lot about kicking and spinning kicking. As a non-participant I always wondered why/how they worked. I seemed to me the victim would see the kick coming and block it or move out of the way. I still don't understand it, but after watching a lot of videos I have concluded that it can be very effective.






Works for women also

1Kyokushin.ru on Instagram: "#girlpower in your feed... Posted by • @anastasia_kalistratova_ #boec #kyokushin #fullcontact #karate #martialarts"

1Kyokushin.ru on Instagram: "Timing... #kyokushin #karate #martialartist #fullcontact"

1Kyokushin.ru on Instagram: "Posted by • @fkrkyokushin Olga Sorokina's flawless victory in the semifinals of All Kyokushin Karate World Tournament 2009, Hungary @olgakaratistka @karate42.ru @ifkkyokushin @kwunion @kyokushinfighters @1kyokushin1 #kyokushinlegends #ifkkyokushin #kwu #Kyokushin #kyokushinkai #knockout #киокусинкай #Š»ŠµŠ³ŠµŠ½Š“Ń‹ŠŗŠøŠ¾ŠŗŃƒŃŠøŠ½ŠŗŠ°Š¹ #кекусин #Š½Š¾ŠŗŠ°ŃƒŃ‚ #kyokushin_women"

I admit I am impressed. Probably old hat to experienced Karateka.
 
It's no secret.
One option is to set your opponent up, focusing on something else. Look over here so I can hit you over there.
The raw power generated can also pretty much negate their defense. You wouldn't expect them to block a car, even if they saw it coming.
I rarely do full power strikes on anything living. But I recall one time... a student who was about 150-160lb (one of my kids) wanted me to show how much power is possible. He held a kicking shield. I did a full power spinning back kick. He was knocked backwards, fell on his butt, and slid about 5-6 feet further. I'm not Superman, but he was braced. And the floor was tile, so the traction isn't the best.
 
And once the opponent can see your spinning head kick coming, and do puts his guard up, you can go for the exposed liver or for the leg, as the start of the technique is similar. This is a nice one.
 
Back
Top