"Key in powerful intention pushing hands performin…"

KEY IN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I heard many martial arts teacher challenge him but from 10 year no one still can push him back
Its a flexible way to use the internal power ..he says

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Obviously rising on the back leg changes the weight differential on the pushing arms; so, it is just physics, but what bothers me about any of Key's vids is that no one seems to want to bend their arms. The student was way over extended.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sweep the leg, Johnny.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
First: Just for clarifications, this is not taijiquan push hands.

Second: that with intent

Third: Use fajin, start with right hand, immediately follow with left, push to weak area of the stance. Do not push straight and directly to the strongest part of the stance

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Question: Why lean back instead of twisting the body? A simple twist of the waist will allow the energy to pass and it takes less effort without making the stance weaker.

I also don't see where the internal application is.

The push is also not the push I would have utilized. I would have taken a lower stance and place my hands on the ribs and pushed upward at an angle. I wouldn't push a person into their root. I may even be a smartass about it and push just far enough to where he leans back (note he was leaning back on his own) and then push him in a totally different direction (like side ways).

Either way I'm not understanding what I'm supposed to be seeing.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Question: Why lean back instead of twisting the body? A simple twist of the waist will allow the energy to pass and it takes less effort without making the stance weaker.

I also don't see where the internal application is.

The push is also not the push I would have utilized. I would have taken a lower stance and place my hands on the ribs and pushed upward at an angle. I wouldn't push a person into their root. I may even be a smartass about it and push just far enough to where he leans back (note he was leaning back on his own) and then push him in a totally different direction (like side ways).

Either way I'm not understanding what I'm supposed to be seeing.
You are seeing a knife fighting style, turned into a strike fighting style, and I hate it. If some body attacks you, and you have a knife, you can stiff arm the attacks like you are a lathe, and he is a part, and that is great if you are holding a knife, but it makes for a very stiff fighter.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
no one still can push him back ...
There is no such thing as "push him back". In fighting, you either knock your opponent down, or take him down.

If you want to

- knock your opponent down, you punch on his head (1 contact point).
- take him down, you pull his arm, push his shoulder, and hook his leg at the same time (3 contact points).

Last edited:

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You are seeing a knife fighting style, turned into a strike fighting style, and I hate it. If some body attacks you, and you have a knife, you can stiff arm the attacks like you are a lathe, and he is a part, and that is great if you are holding a knife, but it makes for a very stiff fighter.
Thanks. I was really confused after seeing the OP's posts