Kenpo in Norfolk, VA

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OK guys (and gals) mental not don't tick off the queen of pain.

As some of you guys know I am in the Military that means once every three years I have to move. Is there any AMERICAN Kenpo Clubs, Schools, or group of guys that get together and work out in Norfolk? I don't care about size of the group I don't even care about affiliation. I just want to keep moving. If not I will be moving to Norfolk the end of January first part of February and am looking for a group guys to work out with.

Anyone interested you can e-mail me at [email protected]
Or call me at (808) 375-2241. I am currently in Hawaii so please be considerate of the time difference.

I will finally be able to make more the seminars now that I am on the mainland.

Aloha and Mahalo for your help

Rick English

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Have you checked the school listing on MT and KN for the area where you would be going?

- Ceicei

OP
Rick Wade

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes and made several phone calls also.

Like here on Oahu there are three Kenpo groups AKKI, UKF and a group with no affiliation. And you wouldn't know it unless you posted on KN or MT. that is why I posted here in hopes that someone would call. I even called the home office of each organization. THe closest on is in Maryland about 2 1/2 hours away. I will probably drive up there for the weekend each weekend.

ALoha and Mahalo

Rick English

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Rick,

Will he does not train in EPAK, he does no many of the techniques and has black belts in Aikido, Shotakan and Kenpo/kempo LTC Bryron Divins (JAG) is/has transfered to Norfolk. He is a great guys to workout with. He has also trained in Japan. I believe he will actually be offering martial arts classes right on the base.

www.divinsmartialarts.com

OP
Rick Wade

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks now we have a starting point.

Aloha and Mahalo

Rick English

OP
Rick Wade

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Aloha all just an update on my journey.

Well I have now fully relocated into Virginia.

I started teaching a couple of guys off of my boat (submarine).

Well a couple of guys started watching and now they are students. Kenpo is like crack once you get a taste it is hard to put down. legal disclaimer I don't do crack. anyway I am sad to leave Paradise however I will be going to alot of the Seminars on the west coast.

Aloha for now

your brother

Rick.

Latest Discussions