Kenpo Explosion Question

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can do the 18 hits in 5 seconds thing with a stopwatch, but hadn't you rather take 6-7 seconds and hit them really hard with 12-14 strikes (and yes, I count the rt. upward elbow, claw, lft. heel palm to the sternum, rt. scoop kick, rt. handsword, rt. knife-edge as 6 strikes). I do not add the strikes for each finger as an additional 5 stikes following the heel palm part of the claw ... calling that 11 strikes would be cheating ... I think.

-Michael

Brian Jones

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not only is counting touching as hitting cheating, but if I remember Latourette tries to hit as he steps, so manyof his "hits" come from standing on one leg. To get back on subject It may not matter what type of breathing you do, if you don't have a good base you can't hit effectively.

Brian Jones

OP
Touch Of Death

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey now lets not argue counter balance. Its real, it works; however, it would be a minor move. A double legged base is not always required for effectiveness.
Sean

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think there are a large number of techniques where you are hitting from one leg or in transition. In some cases I probably hit harder as I shift from one leg to the other. Destroying an opponent's base makes sense, stabalizing your own base is essential in a lot of techniques. In other techniques you are in transition as you strike, or doing multiple strikes with leg and hand while checking or pinning with the other hand.

Hmmm....????
-Michael

Latest Discussions