Keep Moving

J

Josh

This is a simple strategy in a confrontation. Just breath and do your best to relax and keep moving. A moving target is harder to hit than a stationary one. Awesome.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
i disagree i cant hit a still target but if it moves i'll shoot its eyes out. I learned to shoot at moveing targets not still ones.
Oh, you where talking about fighting, well if you move to much you run into the attack sooner or later

OP
J

Josh

but why would you do that?? why would you run into the attack?? learn how to move. moving away from the attacks.

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's a subtle but distinct difference between "moving" and "moving well." Cattle breathe, relax, and move - right down the slaughter chute.

Everyone can "move." We spend years learning how to "move well." And, often, along the way we find that we just enjoy the process so we keep doing it. And, while doing that, we realize that we can always improve. And then we find that we enjoy it all over again. It's an endless wonderful cycle.

And you're right - it is "simple" ... but that doesn't mean it's "easy". Especially when someone's trying to take your head off :) But what you describe is, at a conceptual level, the goal of martial arts training.

Mike

OP
B

Black Bear

You should definitely be moving if you can. We'd be talking about either sparring or a s-d scenario in which you are free to move about but for some reason cannot just leave.

OP
K

kenpo12

Everyone can move. Training how to move is what's important. Just like everyone can kick, and punch and grapple. It's learning how to refine these natural abilities that make the difference.

Latest Discussions