KARATE'S RISING BLOCK & BOXING BY Terrible Tim 2X Heavyweight Boxing Champion of the World

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
It's always interesting to see your take and analysis on traditional martial arts techniques, especially given your boxing experience. I believe that some of Mike Tyson's movement is based on Karate, as Cus D'Amato's brother studied Karate, and Tyson even admitted it himself. Perhaps that would be another area you would be interested in?

OP
Terrible Tim Witherspoon
Reaction score
It's always interesting to see your take and analysis on traditional martial arts techniques, especially given your boxing experience. I believe that some of Mike Tyson's movement is based on Karate, as Cus D'Amato's brother studied Karate, and Tyson even admitted it himself. Perhaps that would be another area you would be interested in?
Yes absolutely! He seems to use the horse stance a lot in the Pee Ka Boo Style

OP
Terrible Tim Witherspoon
Reaction score
Another interesting Karate Blocking technique is the Mawashi Uke (Circular Block). I believe you have done it inadvertently yourself with your Philly Shell stance.
Very interesting. Can you tell me where in my Philly Shell I do this? This could be another interesting video

Ivan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Very interesting. Can you tell me where in my Philly Shell I do this? This could be another interesting video
When you take the hand on your chin and put it on the other side of your face to block hooks, that is the first step of a Mawashi Uke. If you then slap our opponent’s hand away with your hand after blocking it, you’ve perf the circular motion (second step) of a mawashi uke

OP
Terrible Tim Witherspoon
Reaction score
When you take the hand on your chin and put it on the other side of your face to block hooks, that is the first step of a Mawashi Uke. If you then slap our opponent’s hand away with your hand after blocking it, you’ve perf the circular motion (second step) of a mawashi uke
My marketer studied Goju Ryu for many years and he is going to show me exactly what you mean

Latest Discussions