Reaction score
Great video for anyone to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off, welcome to the forum! :) Its nice to have more Krav Maga folks posting. :)

Great clips! Thanks for posting. :) I'm assuming you're part of Eyals group? If so, I'd be interest in hearing what the training is like.

OP
D

Donsky

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome! in regards to your question i actually am not part of any organization. i'm a pure enthusiastic about KM and its future. i'm native born israeli so naturally its a subject that close to my heart.

I cant give you any first hand experiences sadly. because i have yet to have those.. though, i do plan on taking KM classes at Haim gidon's organization at Netanya sometime in the future.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome! in regards to your question i actually am not part of any organization. i'm a pure enthusiastic about KM and its future. i'm native born israeli so naturally its a subject that close to my heart.

I cant give you any first hand experiences sadly. because i have yet to have those.. though, i do plan on taking KM classes at Haim gidon's organization at Netanya sometime in the future.

I've heard nothing but very good things about GM Gidons school. In fact, there is at least 1 member of his organization, on here, though he doesnt post that much. I myself primarily am a Kenpo guy. I also train in Modern Arnis and most recently started Kyokushin. There is a recently opened Krav Maga school in New York, that is under GM Gidons lineage. I do plan, in the near future, to check it out. A bit of a distance for me, but I think it'd be worth it. :)

Anyways, enjoy the forum. :)

OP
D

Donsky

White Belt
Reaction score
Dear MJS, i can tell you this: Sadly, The jewish tradition of banging their own brothers in order to make a buck has infect KM. I'm jewish my self so i allow my self to say this.

From all the search that i have done, from all the reading, both in english and hebrew, there's only one civilian KM organization that is teaching the pure Imi's based cvilian program and given the permission to do so, and that is Haim gidon's.

It's not a mistake, that Haim gidon himself and his sons are the only ones to be able to show the highest standards ever given by KM participant. it is not by accident that there is an evident video that shows Imi's (one of KM founders) gives Haim the highest KM rank, and so make him his successor.

It is a known fact that only Haim gidon org doesnt treat KM as only self defense, but also treats it as a combat system an a MA by it self.

That is the civilian side of things. Like in the article i have posted. Eyal mentions that in current times every israeli is being seen as an "expert" to KM because he been to the army, or went through wingate. fact is. most of the military KM instructors are much less fimilair with the techniques than the ones being shown by gidon's instructors and that is for one simple reason. in the military there's no time to teach the whole curriculum. furthermore, what is taught is what relevant to the soldier. and the whole fitness side take to KM is a military approach as well. i read on various threads that folks complained about fitness being prolong on some organizations and the actual technics being taught after months. you can guess what is the reason for that.

So infact allow me to suggest this : If you hear about a KM instructor that studied KM in the military he is most likely to be less fluent than the one that have been through the civilian one under gidon's system. with that said, i'm sure there are exceptions as in anything.

Last edited:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Latest Discussions