Justed Joined

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Mike!

(MT-folk: Sabo, Kwanjang and I go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. We'll have to tell yas about it sometime :))

Mimir

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Mike!

(MT-folk: Sabo, Kwanjang and I go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. We'll have to tell yas about it sometime :))

Better be careful, you might be givning away how old you all are :rofl:

OP
S

Sabo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. ZDom is correct, we do go a long way back. Hey Scott, "Watch the grate!"

It has been a long way around this circle hasn't it?

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks to all for the warm welcome. ZDom is correct, we do go a long way back. Hey Scott, "Watch the grate!"

It has been a long way around this circle hasn't it?

Aye, that it has, mate.

Still waiting on that DVD of the old Boardman footage. I would LOVE to post some highlights here of us (Kwanjang, you, me, Dunn — remember that Dunn vs Ulner fight?) here for MT'er to see.

My VHS tape with all that footage "disappeared" during a visit by an in-law and her boyfriend :angry:

OP
S

Sabo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Actually, the girl that is supposed to transfer the old VHS over to DVD came by the office yesterday. I told her that I would probably need at least half a dozen copys of it now. She told me it would be no problem if...SHE HAD THE TAPE! (my bad) Things have just been unreal lately. I will try to get the darn thing in my truck this weekend and get it to her next week.

FYI I don't think the Dunn vs Ulner fight is on there. Not sure. But there are plenty of others. Let's see you as purple and brown belt, Kwanjang as brown and red, young Q as yellow and orange, me as green and a list of young black belts (at the time '92-'93) There is also the entire form MODIFIED Yushin as performed by, then 3rd Dan, Master Jones.

Stay tuned. I will get it it to you.

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Actually, the girl that is supposed to transfer the old VHS over to DVD came by the office yesterday. I told her that I would probably need at least half a dozen copys of it now. She told me it would be no problem if...SHE HAD THE TAPE! (my bad) Things have just been unreal lately. I will try to get the darn thing in my truck this weekend and get it to her next week.

FYI I don't think the Dunn vs Ulner fight is on there. Not sure. But there are plenty of others. Let's see you as purple and brown belt, Kwanjang as brown and red, young Q as yellow and orange, me as green and a list of young black belts (at the time '92-'93) There is also the entire form MODIFIED Yushin as performed by, then 3rd Dan, Master Jones.

Stay tuned. I will get it it to you.

Holly Flash Back Batman.....

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey mike, dont forget to stop by my new shop!!! by the way good to see you on here, but beware, it gets ADDICTING!

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also: big congrats, Mike: I hear you passed your black belt test!

You, Kwanjang and I need to celebrate. Beers and hot wings is my suggestion :)

OP
S

Sabo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Also: big congrats, Mike: I hear you passed your black belt test!

You, Kwanjang and I need to celebrate. Beers and hot wings is my suggestion :)

Thank you, sir. I was sure starting to wonder there for a while. Dasy of the test: running around trying to get last minute business in order. On the way home to shower, the hot water pump went out on the truck and I burnt up the motor leading to a 4 mile walk to the ranch. After the first mile my sciatica was killing me. Got to the house and the wife gets home so I can take her car north. Going through Cape, a guy in a S-10 ran me into the median going over 70 MPH. It was all I could do to keep it on 4 wheels. I got back on the interstate thinking "Lord, are you trying to give me a hint?" LOL It was about all I could do to make it through the night. One more round and I don't think I would have made it. It is definitely a memory I won't soon forget.

Absolutely....cocktails and hot wings! I think Kwanjang should foot the bill too. He started this whole mess. :ultracool

Latest Discussions