Just Got My First Custom Bowie!!!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Beautiful! Heh, that knife's a sword!

We were at the Alamo last month and looked at the Bowie knife history display. Cool!

avm247

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Congrats!

I have two customs, both 6" SOG Bowie knives patterned after originals in Mike Silvey's collection by my former coworker and knife maker, Tim Wuethrich.

DSCN6953a.jpg

I also have a Mad Dog Knives ATAK 2 with Kalgard finish...that chisel edge is SHARP!

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats!

I have two customs, both 6" SOG Bowie knives patterned after originals in Mike Silvey's collection by my former coworker and knife maker, Tim Wuethrich.

I also have a Mad Dog Knives ATAK 2 with Kalgard finish...that chisel edge is SHARP!
Nice!

Dwight McLemore

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Harold: That is certainly an impressive looking knife. I'm a big fan of those wide-bladed heavier Bowies. It is very reminscent of some of those antique Mexican Styles that were poplular at the close of the 19th Century. I know you are going to enjoy working with it. Last year Tim Ridge of Swamp Fox Knives made me a custom of my design,(you'll see it on John Stanley's TAKknives along with a trainer he made for me) . Those customs become very important to us, sort of like a member of the family or ole friend that is waiting to go to 'the field' with us.

All my Best
Dwight

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Harold,

So how do you like it so far? How dose it handle ? What are you useing it for?

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Harold,

So how do you like it so far? How dose it handle ? What are you useing it for?
Hi Sheldon,

Been playing with it some.

It handles really well! I did the 64-form with it and it stayed put in my hands.

Don't know exactly what I will be using it for just yet but I am striving at this stage of personal growth as a martial artist to understand the "Riddle of Steel." :)

I have worked the sticks for a while but I want to understand and respect the dynamics of incorporating steel into the mix.

Take care,

Harold

Latest Discussions