FMAT: knife carry and deployment

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
knife carry and deployment
By equilibrium - Wed, 25 Apr 2007 03:30:25 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

1. small folder deployment.. anybody come up with good techniques to do it? I have a few and read a few threads but want some more insight. Bout as quick as lifting up a shirt and grabbing a gun if you ask me, which isn't fast enough. Crap I wish I was a filipino farmer...
2. How big can you carry? I am thinking concealed that maybe a 12" blade is doable but not easy... A wakasashi type 24" blade just is too big for city concealed since I'm not into the trench coat thing so much.. how big is big enough to be above "knife" power but small enough to walk around with concealed? Is a Cold Steel trailmaster good enough to be in between sword and knife? I appreciate the custom designs but tend to favor the consistency and availability of commercial products. That said I think cold steel selection leaves much to be desired but seem to have the production process down and their heads out of their butt and on the edge for the most part. A bit too much into their edge forward thinking and barong only ways but that is just the ginunting in me talking.

3. At this point I am very sad to say I could deploy and shoot an attacker with a .38 MUCH quicker than I could deploy and stab an attacker with a knife/sword so please give some advice if you can. I do value my hearing. I just don't think most people can handle me walking around with the butt(or punyo if you prefer) of my kobun sticking out of my jeans here in the big city. I can have a HUGE belly pack or a BIG lump in my pocket but God forbid I have a BIG knife handle sticking out. Just not politically correct in Texas.(only Bowie could do it, which is now expressly legally forbidden by law and by BOWIE name).

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed

kyosa

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I carry a hand gun and a 4" spyderco knife serrated edge. The clip allows me to keep it on my waist inside my pants where its hard to see. I can draw my knife and have the blade ready as quickly as I can my handgun out and ready to fire on target. I practice quick drawing often. If you are serious about defending yourself you should be able to have your weapon out in about a second.

You will want to check your state laws-in Minnesota you can have a 4" folding knife legally

Latest Discussions