Just for Giggles: 30-Second Video Link

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
One of Jeff Sherwin's black belts at the Martinez, CA dojo, a young lad named Juan, has this sick habit of collecting 30-second video clips of himself attacking Bujinkan senior instructors and suffering the consequences. This year he's "collected" several Japanese shihan and a couple of Aussies; and in the last week or so he's finally gotten his own instructor (Jeff) and me.

With Juan's permission I've had my WebMistress upload "my" video at my website so I could share it, and I thought some of you might enjoy a look as it does capture the "fun" feeling of training in my dojo. (I love it when another student, holding the camera, tells him he still has 20 seconds to go.)

This is totally unscripted, but there ARE constraints: Juan gets to do whatever he wants to try to take me out, while I'm making a point of not injuring him -- so I'm not striking, kicking, using joint-breaking locks or throws, or using weapons, which allows things to be drawn out much longer.

www.bujinkansf.org/seago.mpg

I think the really funny part is at the end, when he's still trying to squirm loose (until I put my fingertips suggestively on his eyelids) while muttering, ". . .kill. . ."

OP
Dale Seago

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hmm. . .looks like it is at the moment. That's exceedingly rare -- try again later.

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
That was so funny. I can't wait to get my butt beat like that soon. He he. Looks like they were having fun.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That was worth the wait of the download... still grinning.
One of the best ways to learn... getting your *** kicked :D In a controlled setting/situation of course.

More please... if you got 'em.
:asian:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad to see that happens in other schools besides mine :D That was really funny.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nice clip, Dale. Looks like your crew enjoys their training...

Jeff

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great clip Sir!! :asian: Please post more if you have them!

Mike

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think this vid shows an excellent example of attack as defense. At one point, when his attacker hesitates (apparently confused by seeing Dale in dogi rather than tartan ;)), Dale moves in immediately with a takedown...

Jeff

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ouch! i'm really glad i'm not the one taking those falls! Those floors look unforgiving ;)
Aqua

OP
Dale Seago

Dale Seago

Black Belt
Reaction score
Aqua4ever said:
Ouch! i'm really glad i'm not the one taking those falls! Those floors look unforgiving ;)
Aqua

I'll have you know we have very nice traditional tatami mats, same as the ones in the Hombu dojo in Japan. And in Juan's case, it doesn't matter anyway: He doesn't feel pain the way people do. :lol:

Aqua4ever

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Dale Seago said:
I'll have you know we have very nice traditional tatami mats, same as the ones in the Hombu dojo in Japan. And in Juan's case, it doesn't matter anyway: He doesn't feel pain the way people do. :lol:
I'm sorry! I meant no offense...my breakfalls are terrible and the idea of falling into anything besides water (i'm a diver) or foam doesn't appeal terribly to me..but hey it comes with the territory..
I will try to word things more carefully in the futre
Aqua~

Latest Discussions