just checking in to see who consider themself old school jkd jun fan and who has taken their own rou

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
To answer this it really depends on your definition of JKD. If a person says it's a style, then sure one can have their own route away from what they were taught and learned. But as it is, I'd say it's comprehension of the principles inherited from Wing Chun, Boxing and Fencing and how you execute the economy of them.

Isaiah90

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Was just reminded of a section on a website below, this is pretty much my stance, I have studied Jun fan old school jkd and concepts

Jeet Kune Do should be considered as the "Root" that was established by Bruce Lee, and NOT the ultimate goal of any practitioner, as students are expected to modify, add, and delete all aspects of Jeet Kune Do until they develop something that is uniquely their own (You the individual become, through this process of self-discovery, your own best teacher).

I developed my own art through JKD after studying Jun Fan. I'll probably explain it in a post or video.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I developed my own art through JKD after studying Jun Fan. I'll probably explain it in a post or video.

41hGXnsgthL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Latest Discussions