ju jitsu gi

K

Kenpo_student

I just started a ju jitsu class and I need to get a good heavyweight gi( the leightweight one from kenpo isn't going to cut it I don't think). Can anyone tell me where I can get a good deal on one. I am just doing this for a little while to experience a different art then Kenpo in action but I am not sure if I want to continue to do both arts for an extended amount of time. So I don't want to buy a $120 gi since I am not going to quit Kenpo for ju-jitsu. Thanks for your time.

:asian:

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Try Atama.com one of my students bought a natural single weave jiu jutsu gi for $49.00. I believe this was an internet special that they had going. Don't know if it is still going on?
Bob:asian:

OP
K

Kenpo_student

Thanks for the help guys. I should be able to find something from those. If anyone else knows of any good deals I am still listening. Thanks again.:asian:

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

Originally posted by Kenpo_student

I just started a ju jitsu class and I need to get a good heavyweight gi( the leightweight one from kenpo isn't going to cut it I don't think). Can anyone tell me where I can get a good deal on one. I am just doing this for a little while to experience a different art then Kenpo in action but I am not sure if I want to continue to do both arts for an extended amount of time. So I don't want to buy a $120 gi since I am not going to quit Kenpo for ju-jitsu. Thanks for your time.

:asian:

Don't forget that you can also use a judo gi in your kenpo classes as well. With this in mind, dont worry about spending a little extra on it because it can take more abuse then a typical gi and will probably last a lot longer

OP
J

JDenz

If you are not doing BJJ don't worry about getting a good JJ gi. Just get a regular Judo Gi. If you are doing BJJ I would recomend getting a JJ gi just because of the coller and sleeves.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kenpo Wolf

Don't forget that you can also use a judo gi in your kenpo classes as well. With this in mind, dont worry about spending a little extra on it because it can take more abuse then a typical gi and will probably last a lot longer

Well said!

A good gi, is always worth it.

/Yari

Latest Discussions