Journal of Asian Martial Arts: Finale and a book.

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Journal of Asian Martial Arts/ a book and finale
The Journal of Asian Martial Arts has been a premiere and well produced quality journal. Unfortunately, the print world faces rough economic times. As a finale the Journal is coming out soon in September
with a 200 page well produced book(the book includes two articles with photos on selected wing chun applications)
The book also contains major articles on several different Chinese, Japanese, Korean and SE Asian martial arts.

-------------------------------

Pre publication blurb by the publisher:

Just to let you know that materials are at the printer now. Ship date is September 28.

Some Comments on the New Book

"The Journal of Asian Martial Arts has been an important beacon of reason and class. In succession, this new book appears to be a slam-dunk hit."
G. Cameron Hurst, III, Ph.D. (Professor Emeritus of Japanese and Korean Studies, University of Pennsylvania)

"I have always recognized the Journal of Asian Martial Arts
[JAMA] as a source of highly refined articles and content. It has long been exemplary of quality and authenticity in the
martial arts world. I am happy to see JAMA finish on a strong note and with great support for this book. I hope that JAMA's legacy will last for many more generations to come."
Yang Jwing-ming, Ph.D. (President, YMAA International)

"The greatest compliment I can pay to any book is to recommend it. ... I heartily recommend this to all. Enjoy!"
William Stockey (karate, 10th dan, and kenjutsu, 9th dan)

FREE Shipping and Handling to USA and Canada

If interested, click PayPal, then click on "Send Money" ($24.95) in the top menu bar. Follow directions there. Our e-mail for this is: [email protected]

If any questions about ordering overseas or by check, feel free to send me an email.

Sincerely,

Michael DeMarco,
Via Media Publishing Black

PS Our new website should be live in a few weeks.

Contents
Kaze
Constructive Thoughts
> 9 articles by leading martial art scholars:
covering history, media, healing, spiritual, and combative components.

Practical Applications
> 27 articles by
renowned masters:
demonstrating their favorite techniques and offering practice tips.

200 pages
printed on gloss paper
over 300 illustrations
$24.95

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is a shame--there's no other journal or magazine that does what it did. It's a loss to the martial arts community but sadly not a surprise in this climate for publishing.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm sorry but not surprised to hear this. JAMA has made a unique contribution to the martial arts community with it's quality and depth.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have copies dating back to 1999 that I can still pick up and get value at of them. It's like a good kata, it just keeps giving.
But sadly, no more........................ :asian:

OP
V

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The best of the best it is a shame to see it go! :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The book has an article by yours truly on two selected wing chun "applications" with photos. "Geezer"'s current sifu has an article on bot jam do,
Jake Burroughs has an article on grappling, well known good writers on Mantis and Chen Style taiji and much much more.
Thet are going out with a bang.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I really like the journal great quality writers.
At times very scholarly and a bit to digest.
It would be cool if it became an online journal.

OP
V

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
HOT OFF THE PRESS!

Dear Joy,
128.jpg

Asian Martial Arts: Constructive Thoughts & Practical Applications

Anyone who ordered a copy will get it soon. Books go from the printer to a mailing company on October 1st and will ship a few days later.

For those who has not ordered can do so from our new book website or get it in an eBook formats from Amazon's Kindle and Apple's iTunes.

• Constructive Thoughts: 9 articles by leading martial art scholars covering history, media, healing, and spiritual and combative components.
  • Practical Applications: 27 articles by renowned masters demonstrating their favorite techniques and offering practice tips.

We are still working on a new website for the Journal of Asian Martial Arts.

It should be live in another week.

Please let others know about our new book:

If any questions, feel free to contact me anytime.

Stay well,

Michael DeMarco, Publisher (e-mail)
Via Media Publishing Above artwork by JungShan Inc.

OP
V

Vajramusti

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Follow up to previous announcement.about the Journal of the Asian Martia Arts-
finale issue
HOT OFF THE PRESS!The book with many good asian martial arts essays including 2 on wing chun-
including one by me is now available from the publisher and also by amazon kindle, ipad and Barnes and Noble Nook

joy chaudhuri

ASIAN MARTIAL ARTS: Constructive Thoughts and Practical Applications

For those who utilize Barnes and Noble's e-reader, the new book is now available on the NOOK too.

Hot Links
* FREE Amazon "Look Inside" [click]
* Barnes & Noble NOOK [click]
* Apple iTunes eBook [click]
* Via Media Publishing - books [click]

Latest Discussions