Joe Schilling, Pro Kickboxer/MMA Fighter knocked out bar patron, claims self defense

John dye

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yeah. Because that doesn't sound made up at all.

So silly question. If you are the best guy in the room. How exactly do you improve?

Wouldn't you basically be stuck with guys who are essentially worse than you all the time. Which has to put blocks on you being able to reach you true potential.
What a coward and a moron never defended anything or anyone lol. Dead in the water. I do not care if i win or lose lol og baby i fight for something you have no clue. Honor. And bieng a man win or lose- i wont be crying all of my friends i have fought first. Fighting cars girls and good fun. Unlike you we are not cowards. Most of us built the world you condemn

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What a coward and a moron never defended anything or anyone lol. Dead in the water. I do not care if i win or lose lol og baby i fight for something you have no clue. Honor. And bieng a man win or lose- i wont be crying all of my friends i have fought first. Fighting cars girls and good fun. Unlike you we are not cowards. Most of us built the world you condemn

Have you considered becoming emotionally strong so you don't have to fight all the time?

Then you wouldn't need to bolster yourself with all this alpha baloney and you could get on with your life.

John dye

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Have you considered becoming emotionally strong so you don't have to fight all the time?

Then you wouldn't need to bolster yourself with all this alpha baloney and you could get on with your life.
Lol smoke some more weed kiss your boyfriend. You wont get anywhere with that horse **** here. In the real world you work hard fight or die and be a junkie. Grow up stop the drugs and wake up. You just saw the world on fire. Go pschyo them .

Cynik75

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Lol smoke some more weed kiss your boyfriend. You wont get anywhere with that horse **** here. In the real world you work hard fight or die and be a junkie. Grow up stop the drugs and wake up. You just saw the world on fire. Go pschyo them .
Real badass madafaka. Full respect from da streetz. No need any brain, coz has muscles....
Or maybe just delusional teenager/incel/whatever?

BTW. Is there any psychiatrist on this forum?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

So that is an example of the alpha male women want and men want to be like?

Because that seems like a garbage deal to be honest.

There is some tech nerd out there growing up soft and not doing any of that. And has more money, prestige and tail than either of us could get.

That is the real alpha male. Not scumbags like us clawing and scratching our way through life. That is the man women want and men want to be like.

If they had any sense. Anyway.

John dye

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So that is an example of the alpha male women want and men want to be like?

Because that seems like a garbage deal to be honest.

There is some tech nerd out there growing up soft and not doing any of that. And has more money, prestige and tail than either of us could get.

That is the real alpha male. Not scumbags like us clawing and scratching our way through life. That is the man women want and men want to be like.

If they had any sense. Anyway.
Still on the hippie marijuana. Kung fool crap lol. Get bent.

John dye

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Real badass madafaka. Full respect from da streetz. No need any brain, coz has muscles....
Or maybe just delusional teenager/incel/whatever?

BTW. Is there any psychiatrist on this forum?
You need more Ebonics lessons. Cuz lol. Keyboard cpwards???????

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Still on the hippie marijuana. Kung fool crap lol. Get bent.

Is it difficult when you can't punch things that annoy you?

Because you definitely struggle with internet banter.

Which is an interesting thing about how an alpha male really works.

You can be alpha with your mates or whatever. But suddenly struggle when put in a new social situation.

Like this one.

Which is the myth of the alpha male.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
Schilling needs to go to jail. That's F'ed up. No way was that crap, Self Defense.

edit: ok just watched the Lawyer's breakdown about the flexing for the right hand by the kid (that I didn't catch); so maybe, maybe not.

Last edited:

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Schilling needs to go to jail. That's F'ed up. No way was that crap, Self Defense.

edit: ok just watched the Lawyer's breakdown about the flexing for the right hand by the kid (that I didn't catch); so maybe, maybe not.

Hindsight justification by the lawyer. He had the chance to walk away and didn't. ANY claim at self-defense disappeared right then because he wasn't in danger. Now, if he had attempted to walk away and the other guy pursued, or if he just turned around and the other guy came at him, those are different situations. In this one, he provoked it.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They arent doing it right, you dont square up to them, you just pop your arm out and stop before it hits them.

Also, do any of these videos contain the actual scene without a age restriction on youtube? Cant access it if its age restricted

Just found it in your previous post, yeah its a duious claim at that. All he did was square up, a push or a single punch maybe but that ehaviour isnt unknown of. If they claimed "was going to headbutt me" anyway.

Seems pretty common for people in disputes to do that, either intetionally or not.

Are you telling us that at worst you are a child, at best a teenager? Is this why you can't talk from experience......of anything?

Nuuli

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't buy his claim that he feared for his life, but I also don't think that you have to fear for your life to defend yourself. The clown acted like he was going to punch, and got decked for it. There is no requirement (that I am aware of) to actually be hit before your defend yourself.
Yeah, did he really fear for his life?... Right, more likely his lawyer advised him to say that. It meets the legal requirements for justifiable use of force. And yeah, the guy, Justin Balboa, did make that flinch. Also, apparently this guy is a tool... and Schilling was his karma. Login • Instagram

Nuuli

White Belt
Reaction score
Hindsight justification by the lawyer. He had the chance to walk away and didn't. ANY claim at self-defense disappeared right then because he wasn't in danger. Now, if he had attempted to walk away and the other guy pursued, or if he just turned around and the other guy came at him, those are different situations. In this one, he provoked it.
Isn't Florida one of the stand your ground states? Don't make a sudden move on anyone who has muscle memory to react in a physical way.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
Isn't Florida one of the stand your ground states? Don't make a sudden move on anyone who has muscle memory to react in a physical way.
It is, but "Stand your ground" in Florida only applies to your residence and is about the use/threat of deadly force. There are other qualifications, such as, you can't "stand your ground" if the other party is there legally (ie: lives there). But, it also has this stipulation. "If the person using deadly force intentionally provoked the other party, or if the other party has already attempted to withdraw from the confrontation, the use of force is not justified under “stand your ground.”

So going back to this case, it wasn't a deadly force situation (contrary to his claim) and he provoked it, so he would not be able to claim it even if it did apply to a public place.

OP
Anarax

Anarax

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Joe briefly talks about the altercation at 6:10

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score

No, because Shilling claimed that he was in danger when the other guy cocked his arm back to strike; not when he turned and came back towards that little guy. It's perfectly legal to do that.

jayoliver00

Black Belt
Reaction score
It is, but "Stand your ground" in Florida only applies to your residence and is about the use/threat of deadly force. There are other qualifications, such as, you can't "stand your ground" if the other party is there legally (ie: lives there). But, it also has this stipulation. "If the person using deadly force intentionally provoked the other party, or if the other party has already attempted to withdraw from the confrontation, the use of force is not justified under “stand your ground.”

So going back to this case, it wasn't a deadly force situation (contrary to his claim) and he provoked it, so he would not be able to claim it even if it did apply to a public place.

A single punch can kill. When the arm was cocked back to show intentions that a punch was about to be thrown; that can be construed as "deadly force".

Shilling met such force with the same type of force, punch for punch; making it more reasonable in court. This should be legal even in Liberal states where it's "Duty to Retreat", as he was already in striking range/immediate danger.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Joe briefly talks about the altercation at 6:10

Huh. So, no charges filed against him. And apparently the other guy has a "track record" and "criminal history." Is that actually true? Joe Schilling says so and that "it's out there."

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, because Shilling claimed that he was in danger when the other guy cocked his arm back to strike; not when he turned and came back towards that little guy. It's perfectly legal to do that.

And the other guy can claim that he was scared because this big guy was coming at him as well.

Latest Discussions