Joe Rogan and the UFC

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
You want his job, do better and go and get it and quit bitching about it. Everyone will say something off in the moment at one point or another. Keep reading and you will see.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jimi said:
You want his job, do better and go and get it and quit bitching about it. Everyone will say something off in the moment at one point or another.

It's one thing to say something off in the moment, and it's another to consistently keep doing it. That said, I don't hate the guy, it's just an annoying (to me) trait he has. The Pride announcers don't do that, the KotC guys don't either etc. I prefer the guys who call the fight.

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I thought his stand up comedy stuff was funny. I think that his announcing would be more entertaining if, every time he says "kimura", someone would slap the doo-waa out of him. I'd pay per view to see that!

Jimi

Black Belt
Reaction score
Marginal said:
It's one thing to say something off in the moment, and it's another to consistently keep doing it. That said, I don't hate the guy, it's just an annoying (to me) trait he has. The Pride announcers don't do that, the KotC guys don't either etc. I prefer the guys who call the fight.
Point taken, others just don't draw the demographic the PPV people want.

bustr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
AdrenalineJunky said:
Rumor has it that he's lining up a fight with Wesley Snipes. Take that with a few grains of salt, as it is just something I've heard kicked around the MMA boards. I have absolutely no info., otherwise.

He's lining up a fight he knows he can win. Or he knows that Snipes has better things to do and won't accept.

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
doesn't change the fact that he sucks as an announcer.

If you mean how he says "Bajillion" Jiu jitsu all the freakin time....I agree. He occasionally does screw up his words. But he does know the action, personally knows MANY of the fighters and what they are capable of (goes hunting with randy couture, has trained with liddell, etc) so I think he does some good work. plus, he has a ton of energy when commentating and that is much better than steven quadros gives.

and that Mauro renallo....he doesn't know whats going on half the time.

scottcatchot

Green Belt
Reaction score
I personally like Joe's commentary, not the best maybe, but I enjoy it. Sometimes it provides comic relief...:rolleyes:

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
hongkongfooey said:
When is the UFC gonna dump this clown?
HKF

Joes all right and he does take his martial arts pretty serious BUT I would trade him in a hearbeat for Keri Kasum.
biggrin.gif

Latest Discussions