Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This video makes me sick. Watch as a government washes its hands of the problem it created.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow.
I’m not trying to justify how the bureaucrat handled the situation but the guy was ill-trained, and ill-informed to handle a situation like that. He was way out of his depth and became the fall guy for the incompetence above him.
That being said, one’s heart has to go out to the people of the area who are concerned about their and their families health and safety, and the central government can not even handle simple questions about their situation.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope no one watching the video is surprised. This is what happens when you have a top down government structure where the people are just tax dollars with legs. As Dennis Prager, one of my favorite radio hosts says, "The Bigger the Government, The smaller the Citizen."

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are going to get Dennis Pager explains Japanese culture and politics in five minutes any time now.

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow.
I’m not trying to justify how the bureaucrat handled the situation but the guy was ill-trained, and ill-informed to handle a situation like that. He was way out of his depth and became the fall guy for the incompetence above him.
That being said, one’s heart has to go out to the people of the area who are concerned about their and their families health and safety, and the central government can not even handle simple questions about their situation.

The situation the TEPCO and the Japanese government created is so bad that there really isn't much that can be done. If anyone admits fault, it's game over for them. Millions of people are going to get sick and die because of this. This train of thought doesn't excuse the government, it just explains the realpolitik.

It's going to be impossible to cover up soon. What then?

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think his observation does fine all by itself. "The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen."

Whilst I agree, I also think it's more complicated. Corporations conspired with government to these plants. Now that the deal has gone bad, both parties are bailing out like conmen who do not want to face reality of what they did. It's important to see this specifically for what is happening and not as a platitude affirmation.

Latest Discussions