I've been thinking

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hate to inject reality into your dream, but how do you plan to pay for this?

It would be paid for by the school. So, for private schools it would be tuition money that would pay for it. For public schools, since they're funded by the county, it would be the county that would pay for it.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It would be paid for by the school. So, for private schools it would be tuition money that would pay for it. For public schools, since they're funded by the county, it would be the county that would pay for it.

Schools can't even afford books and are cutting out gym music and art due to funding

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Schools can't even afford books and are cutting out gym music and art due to funding

The only other way around it would be instructors volunteering their time, but let's be honest: how often could they do that? If they have an established school where they have to pay rent and utilities, then they could give maybe one introductory-type lesson for free.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What am I missing? I posted a way in which it's already being done. Hell, I can think of three viable means of introducing martial arts into public schools successfully.

1: Use a sport model, such as the one I referenced above where Judo has been offered in my kids' school district since 1955.

2: Use a course model similar to JROTC. My kids take JROTC as a "0" hour class, before school starts. It's not PE, but it counts for PE if they request a waiver. Drill meets and such are considered school functions, and the students receive elective/general purpose credit.

3: Call it a club.

Latest Discussions