It's lousy seats for Logan Stanton at UFC 108

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
12-19-2009 03:15 PM:UFC 108 has been unkind to fighters and even the Octagon Girls. Two of them, Logan Stanton and Natasha Wicks found out this week that they were dumped by the UFC and will not be working the event. Stanton was angered at first but once some perspective kicked in she was fine. The 21-year-old is still a big fan of the sport and will be at UFC 108 with a beer in hand.

She told the Las Vegas Sun's Brett Okamoto that she was given the pink slip on the phone during a photo shoot in Los angeles:

"I was definitely upset but at the same time, I was never going to make a career out of being a ring girl. It is what it is. It was a job and although I loved it, life goes on and there's a ton of work in L.A. to keep me busy."

Stanton doesn't think that she and Wicks were fired because of negative comments they both made about Josh Koscheck during a post-UFC 108 interview.

"I pretty much knew from the beginning that I didn't fit the ring-girl type," said Stanton, who has said in the past she wasn't "curvy" enough to be a ring girl. "Going into it, I told the UFC that this is how I am and that I wasn't going to get fake boobs. I think they tried it out for a bit. Me and Natasha were the friendlier ones and I think now they want something sexier and curvier."

Interesting that she used the term "the friendlier ones" since Arianny Celeste is the only Octagon Girl left standing.

UFC president Dana White confirmed that Chandella Powell, a bunny at the Playboy Club at the Palms is the newest Octagon Girl, but he wouldn't give a reason why Wicks and Stanton were axed.

"We do it all the time. We let Edith (Labelle) go earlier this year, too," White said. "I don't think I want to publicly talk about why people were let go. (Logan and Natasha) are both great girls and I have nothing against them. It was just time to move on."

LaBelle was dumped back in July after she was unable to work UFC 100. She claimed she had a stomach illness while rumors swirled that she had partied too hard the previous night.

So Powell will make her debut in two weeks as the replacement along with seven replacement fighters after injuries blew up the original card.

More...
Yahoo! Sports.
Cagewriter is an MMA blog edited by Steve Cofield.

Latest Discussions