It's been a long hard six months.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to post on here as the atmosphere round here is buzzing and I know that a lot of you will understand. Today after a long six months out in Iraq our local Regiments are coming home! the hairdressers and beauty salons are full of wives and girlfriends, the kids are high lol and the sense of relief and happiness is thick in the air. There's bunting all over the place and shops have banners in them. Our MA club will be back to normal, no more worried mums and kids and the adult class full again, well until next year when they go back out but for now all we can say is thank God! There has been some sad losses though and for some families no joy. For the rest though, the local midwives are clearing their diaries for nine months time! (yes honestly! they reckon it's the surviving a bad situation that makes people think about starting new life not the obvious being away bit) anyway Catterick will rock tonight!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6660000/newsid_6663700/6663731.stm?bw=bb&mp=rm

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had to post on here as the atmosphere round here is buzzing and I know that a lot of you will understand. Today after a long six months out in Iraq our local Regiments are coming home! the hairdressers and beauty salons are full of wives and girlfriends, the kids are high lol and the sense of relief and happiness is thick in the air. There's bunting all over the place and shops have banners in them. Our MA club will be back to normal, no more worried mums and kids and the adult class full again, well until next year when they go back out but for now all we can say is thank God! There has been some sad losses though and for some families no joy. For the rest though, the local midwives are clearing their diaries for nine months time! (yes honestly! they reckon it's the surviving a bad situation that makes people think about starting new life not the obvious being away bit) anyway Catterick will rock tonight!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6660000/newsid_6663700/6663731.stm?bw=bb&mp=rm

What a wonderful story! Good for them and a hard-fought, well-earned salute from the other side of the water. :asian:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had to post on here as the atmosphere round here is buzzing and I know that a lot of you will understand. Today after a long six months out in Iraq our local Regiments are coming home! the hairdressers and beauty salons are full of wives and girlfriends, the kids are high lol and the sense of relief and happiness is thick in the air.

Tez, that's great! Some good news finally coming out of that charnel house...

There's bunting all over the place and shops have banners in them. Our MA club will be back to normal, no more worried mums and kids and the adult class full again, well until next year when they go back out but for now all we can say is thank God!

Maybe they won't have to...

There has been some sad losses though and for some families no joy. For the rest though, the local midwives are clearing their diaries for nine months time! (yes honestly! they reckon it's the surviving a bad situation that makes people think about starting new life not the obvious being away bit) anyway Catterick will rock tonight!

I've heard the same about the reasons for the Baby Boom at the end of WWII—it wasn't just families of soldiers fighting in the European and Asian theatres that got in on the act! Same idea—finally, some hope for the future, enough to be willing to take a chance that you'll all still be there.

Wishing everyone a fine old time at their celebrations, both collective and personal!! :)

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Raise the banners, and Hoist a pint! Welcome home to your troops!!

Thoughts go out to those families who are not welcoming home ones they bid farwell too 6 months ago as well.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Baruch Hashem! I hope ours come home quickly and with no more deaths or maimings.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baruch Hashem! I hope ours come home quickly and with no more deaths or maimings.

From your mouth to God's ears. For each one that lies safely in their loved ones arms tonight there is another just arrived in that hell hole. Five thousand come home tonight, it needs to be all of them, yours and ours.

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
From your mouth to God's ears. For each one that lies safely in their loved ones arms tonight there is another just arrived in that hell hole. Five thousand come home tonight, it needs to be all of them, yours and ours.
Amen!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tez, that's great! Some good news finally coming out of that charnel house..Wishing everyone a fine old time at their celebrations, both collective and personal!! :)

Amen to both sentiments...Welcome home warriors... Well Done!!!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's fantastic news Tez! Amen and welcome home to the troops!

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah the British squaddie, you've got to love em lol! The Army, for once had the right idea about the return of the troops, they'd actually left Iraq a couple of days ago and stayed at the British Sovereign base in Cyprus before flying home. In Cyprus they went sunbathing, scuba diving and in the evenings got gloriously drunk and had amazing punch ups between the regiments! As a result the soldiers came home to their families a good deal more relaxed than they would have done if they'd come straight from the warzone. Their leave doen't start for a couple of weeks so they still have to come into the barracks for 'work' everyday, this gives time for them and families to adjust back to 'normality' while any problems can be watched for. Fightin and drinkin -that's our boys! God bless them, it's wonderful having them back. :)

Latest Discussions