It’s all our fault… sorry

Listen I know as an American I am not suppose to admit these things, I have been to the meetings, and I know that as an American it is best for all other Americans to distance themselves from me for admitting this to the rest of the world but the cat is out of the bag so it is best we just stop denying and own up to it. Much that same way you admitted a while back that all MA styles sucked.
Well, they do all suck. :)

As for this, I tell my son all the time that nothing happens that isn't his fault. That's a personal philosophy I try to live by (not to blame him, hehe. But to accept blame myself... to try and take personal responsibility in all things, even if I had little direct influence). Suggesting that things happen in my life that aren't my fault (good or bad) means to mean that I'm powerless to influence them. Nothing happens in a vacuum. Ceding responsibility (as individuals or as a group) for things that occur in or around us is exactly the point we allow things to happen to us rather than because of us. Simply put, are we victims or not? Are we influencing events around us or simply reacting to them? People and groups who allow things to happen to them don't tend to get very far and the first step in fixing that is to take ownership of the situation.

Of course, there are different levels of influence, but America as a Nation is very influential and our actions cause other things to occur.

Edit: Just wanted to add that sometimes an apology says more than just, "I'm sorry." It says, I am actively involved in not just what got us here, but am going to be an active part of where we go from here. It means that I (as a group or individual) have some authority in this situation.

EXACTLY!!!

We did it all... well not Krakatau or the sinking of Atlantis... but everything else... oh and we were responsible for sinking only ONE Spanish treasure Galleon but then we were..well... drunk and well... we didn't know the cannon was loaded...we were cleaning it and it went off....sorry Spain

EXACTLY!!!

We did it all... well not Krakatau or the sinking of Atlantis... but everything else... oh and we were responsible for sinking only ONE Spanish treasure Galleon but then we were..well... drunk and well... we didn't know the cannon was loaded...we were cleaning it and it went off....sorry Spain
We knew it was loaded. :D

I would like to have an argument!

[yt]kQFKtI6gn9Y[/yt]

However we had absolutely nothing to do with the eruption of Krakatau or the sinking of Atlantis...

I'm sorry to have to inform you of this, but the WHO has just released a very scientific report which indicates that, yes, we are indeed completely responsible for the sinking of Atlantis.

http://www.who.int/en/GlobalWarming/Atlantis/AmericanCausation.PureCrap

Apparently our carbon footprint is so large that it crosses the threshold of time and space.

So sad. So very sad.

Anywho, carry on.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether I may or may not have done what might loosely be described as "contract labor" for MURRAY...

Alright!! ALRIGHT!!! Put down the comfy pillows! I'll talk!

Murray is here ---> http://www.murray.com/

*mumle*grumble*...freakin' Inquisition...*mumble*

*sigh* I blame Carol for this post.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether I may or may not have done what might loosely be described as "contract labor" for MURRAY...

Alright!! ALRIGHT!!! Put down the comfy pillows! I'll talk!

Murray is here ---> http://www.murray.com/

*mumle*grumble*...freakin' Inquisition...*mumble*

*sigh* I blame Carol for this post.

Try and throw America off witha Mower Website will you....get..... the comfy chair.... and you will stay in the Comfy Chair until lunch time, with only a cup of coffee at eleven

Latest Discussions

Back