IT is Football time

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
who is your pick to win this years superbowl?
Who will be the MVP ?
Which big name will be the biggest FLOP ?
Who will be wort Cinn. or Texas or Ar ???

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm in pigskin heaven, this is the best time of the year for me!
Football season!! And don't forget about the college game. Include the question "Who do you think will win the national championship this year?"

Super Bowl: Tampa Bay Bucs
MVP: Michael Vick until he broke his leg, now it's open.
Flop: Carson Palmer, Cincy
Worst: Arizona Cardinals
College Nat'l Champ: Miami 'Canes :eek:

C

clapping_tiger

Originally posted by tshadowchaser
The Green Bay Packers
[Who will be the MVP ?
Brett Favre or Ahman Green
[Which big name will be the biggest FLOP ?
Randy Moss or "Da Bears"
[Who will be worst Cinn. or Texas or Ar ???
Anyone who plays the Packers

C'mon I'm from Wisconsin what would you expect from a cheesehead???;)

C

clapping_tiger

In all seriousness, aside from who will be the worst, all the above still stand..............there is always hope. Except I agree with Cali, Arizona will be the worst.

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
RAMS RULE!!...ok, I'm really just a Kurt Warner Fan...to me he's like the closest thing to Johnny U.

now Georgia, she's a dirty **#$%%^**(....thanks..I feel better now.

P

pknox

Originally posted by tshadowchaser
Who will be the MVP ?
Which big name will be the biggest FLOP ?
Who will be wort Cinn. or Texas or Ar ???

Packers over the Titans (God I hope so!)
Steve McNair (because he's finally healthy, and so is his o-line)
I really hope Randy Moss, but probably Jake Plummer
Arizona - they'll all stink, but at least the others will improve

F

FiveSwords

I really hope Randy Moss, but probably Jake Plummer

Awww...how can you say that? The Snake is gonna lead us to the promised land this year. :D

So thusly...

Superbowl: Broncos over Bucs
MVP: Clinton Portis
Flop: David Boston
Worst: Texans (after Carr gets sacked 500 more times this season)

P

pknox

Originally posted by FiveSwords
Awww...how can you say that? The Snake is gonna lead us to the promised land this year. :D

If it makes you feel any better, I typed Brian Griese first, then changed my mind. ;)

F

FiveSwords

Originally posted by pknox
If it makes you feel any better, I typed Brian Griese first, then changed my mind. ;)

I think Griese already flopped since he's out indefinitely with a frickin sprained toe. :rolleyes:

P

pknox

Originally posted by FiveSwords
I think Griese already flopped since he's out indefinitely with a frickin sprained toe. :rolleyes:

Already? That guy's made out of tissue paper. Remember when he held a BBQ with his teammates a few years ago, and hurt himself racing down the driveway? You think he'd know better. His dad was pretty tough, from what I hear.

F

FiveSwords

Already? That guy's made out of tissue paper. Remember when he held a BBQ with his teammates a few years ago, and hurt himself racing down the driveway? You think he'd know better. His dad was pretty tough, from what I hear.

Yeah, he was drunk and tripped over a dog! :rofl:

Oh well, I hope he does better in Miami than he did in Denver.

P

pknox

Originally posted by clapping_tiger
C'mon I'm from Wisconsin what would you expect from a cheesehead???;)

God bless ya, man. I've been a Packer backer my whole life and I'm out here in NJ with a bunch of crazy Giant and Jet fans. I have to go to the new Lambeau one of these days - I hear it looks great. You gotta love WI -- I heard you guys even have Johnsonville brats at McDonald's!

C

clapping_tiger

God bless ya, man. I've been a Packer backer my whole life and I'm out here in NJ with a bunch of crazy Giant and Jet fans. I have to go to the new Lambeau one of these days - I hear it looks great. You gotta love WI -- I heard you guys even have Johnsonville brats at McDonald's!

I have not seen the inside of the new stadium, except on TV, but from the outside it looks great. My parents used to have season tickets so I was given tickets to 2 games a year. But sadly they had to give them up because it got too expensive after they started the renovation.

And as a matter of fact we do have Johnsonville brats at McDonalds, but they are not as good as the way I grill them at home:D (Soak them in beer (a good dark beer) for at least 12 hours; grill them with lump charcoal and your favorite hardwood chips. Pretty easy but awesome)
Some of our movie theatres even host the Packer games and a couple of them even serve beer. And I don't mean just during the Football games, you can get beer while watching a movie. I have never heard of this anywhere else.

Hey, enjoy the game tomorrow!!

K

KanoLives

I gotta say the Jints (Giants). Die hard Giants fan. Jints all the way especially after the way we went out last season. :wah: And everytime I think I have forgotten about that game it comes back to haunt me. Oh well new season, new start.:D

C

clapping_tiger

Originally posted by ChineseKempoAL
Oh well new season, new start.:D

I can't even count how many times I have said that.:rofl:

C

clapping_tiger

Maybe we could get a custom League going in Yahoo or something. I just joined a public league and I saw that you can create your own league and make it private where only people invited in can join. Anyone interested? I could try to set it up but I don't know if I'll have time to do it today. I know you can join in anywhere up to the 2nd week. If anyone else interested could get it started I would join in.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1 (just click on join custom league

If someone does start it and I need to be invited in you can send it to my Yahoo Mail address at [email protected]

I will be offline the rest of the day and most of tomorrow morning.

**EDIT** Nevermind I did it. It was super easy. I set the league up as "Martial Talk" and the password to get into the league to join is "karate" and the League ID# is 534733. I set it up as an autodraft. You just rank your favorite players and once the league is ready it will do the draft according to your picks. I set the maximum teams to 15 because I don't know how many other would like to join. We will miss the first week, I set it up to start next week so that gives you guys who want to join some time to set things up. -Jason

OP
tshadowchaser

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok im in
ShadowedRuns
set the draft and lets get some more people in this

K

KanoLives

Originally posted by clapping_tiger
I can't even count how many times I have said that.:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: I know I know. But hey after watchin' Sunday's Giants game....Well..... They're still the same old Giants. Gotta love em'.:D

Latest Discussions