Is wearing glasses a problem during training?

OP
K

kehcorpz

Blue Belt
Reaction score
@ bill mattocks

these glasses look pretty solid. but i dont know if we have something similar where i live. i also dont know how much this would
cost. the more complicated glasses you need the more expensive they usually are. i have astigmatism for example.
or maybe glasses which are used for such a purpose dont have to be 100% perfect like those glasses which you use for reading or
daily life.
after all you can also buy glasses with different strengths at the supermarket.

my eyesight gets worse especially when i sit a lot in front of the computer. i have been having the same glasses which i use now
for almost 10 years but my eyesight is definitely worse than it was back then.

what i think is really stupid is how they test the vision.
for example when you have to read the numbers to them. usually
i tell the assistant that i cant tell if it's a 9 or an 8 or a 0 and she says "try to guess". how stupid is this?!
i have experienced this many times at different places. when you tell them i dont know what this is they all say try to guess.
this basically means that if i can hardly guess that it's most likely a 9 then officially i see just as well as a person who sees the 9
perfectly clear!!

in my opinion these tests shouldnt be done with numbers anyway. there are far better ones where they use circles and every circle
has a small opening and then you have to tell them where it is. this way you cant simply guess it.

Latest Discussions