Is anyone out there STILL a Republican?

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you have something firmer to base the meaning of executive orders on and the scope and legality of them? After all, we might get one of your liberal heros or heroines in the white house soon. I'd sure have to agonize over the legality of their executive orders...and we mustn't forget we've had democratic and republican presidents before. Even when Jimmy Carter was president he was my president even though he was one of the worst we've had. Yes, Nixon was a bad one too.
It's always kinda nice to have a president that respects the founding fathers and the constitution enough to actually follow their recommendations. Once you start building extra constitutional shadow governments etc, that should be grounds for impeachment regardless of the president in question's political affiliation.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It's always kinda nice to have a president that respects the founding fathers and the constitution enough to actually follow their recommendations. Once you start building extra constitutional shadow governments etc, that should be grounds for impeachment regardless of the president in question's political affiliation.
Thank You Marginal but MichaelEdward already answered the question I asked him. And he did a very good job of it too.

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone who reads this knows that I am an athiest. In our family, we celebrate Christmas because both my wife and I were raised Catholic. There is much in the season that is nice to celebrate.

Of course, I would be perfectly content to not celebrate Christmas at all.

Well, this is, really too much. I think

[yt]_DA-M_OzB6Y[/yt]

Even if there are some legitimate arguments in their bastardized lyrics ~ something I do not conceed ~ this is several bridges too far. Don't you think.

This video brought to you by the Republican National Senatorial Committee.

OP
M

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
At the end of the year, it is often a good time to reflect on the year gone by, and review all that one has accomplished.

The Republican Minority in the Senate should be acknowledged for all they have done. In less than one half of the 110th session of Congress, they have stopped more Congressional legislation from moving forward than any other full Session of Congress ever.

What an accomplishment. They have obstructed our elected bodies from doing the people's work.

As of December 18th, 2006, the Republican Minority has had 62 colture votes; stopping legislation from moving forward. The next closest session of Congress, the 107th seating, had 61 cloture votes over two years.

Way to Obstruct the Nation's business Congressional Republicans. Way to Go.

Remember this when you hear ... Congressional Approval Ratings are lower than President Bush's

Attachments

• $filibuster-1.png
    $filibuster-1.png
    28 KB · Views: 233

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
At the end of the year, it is often a good time to reflect on the year gone by, and review all that one has accomplished.

The Republican Minority in the Senate should be acknowledged for all they have done. In less than one half of the 110th session of Congress, they have stopped more Congressional legislation from moving forward than any other full Session of Congress ever.

What an accomplishment. They have obstructed our elected bodies from doing the people's work.

As of December 18th, 2006, the Republican Minority has had 62 colture votes; stopping legislation from moving forward. The next closest session of Congress, the 107th seating, had 61 cloture votes over two years.

Way to Obstruct the Nation's business Congressional Republicans. Way to Go.

Remember this when you hear ... Congressional Approval Ratings are lower than President Bush's
So, it is OK when the democrat minority stifles legislation or appointments, but when republicans do it it is wrong?

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
...Even if there are some legitimate arguments in their bastardized lyrics ~ something I do not conceed ~ this is several bridges too far. Don't you think...

I was too distracted by the horrific singing and lyrics. "Twelve Days..." can be tedious enough.

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The legislature should legislate, they should pass new bills and new laws and new regulations. We need more laws and regulations!

I don't see more laws and regulations as accomplishing much in the real world.