Introducing myself

karateka

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
i have been reading these forums for some time and i have newly registered. i have gathered that these forums have a friendly and professional atmosphere, and i believe it would be a good place to learn from each other.

i have been training shotokan karate for 16 years, and i am Nidan. (second degree black belt)
i am very much so dedicated to my art, and i attend 9 lessons a week, and i also train at home. i go to two dojos, both by the same sensei, but one tends to focus on kumite and one of kata and technique. i would say that my best techniques are finger/hand and arm locks, as well as pressure point targeting and sweeps.

i am one of few that understands the true meaning of shotokan as a way of life rather than a martial art.

i look forward to talking with fellow dedicated martial artists who i can learn from

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome out of Lurkdom and to Martial Talk ~ Happy Posting! :asian:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT!:ultracool

Mike

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT :wavey: and the world of the posting :)

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
karateka said:
i have been reading these forums for some time and i have newly registered. i have gathered that these forums have a friendly and professional atmosphere, and i believe it would be a good place to learn from each other.

i have been training shotokan karate for 16 years, and i am Nidan. (second degree black belt)
i am very much so dedicated to my art, and i attend 9 lessons a week, and i also train at home. i go to two dojos, both by the same sensei, but one tends to focus on kumite and one of kata and technique. i would say that my best techniques are finger/hand and arm locks, as well as pressure point targeting and sweeps.

i am one of few that understands the true meaning of shotokan as a way of life rather than a martial art.

i look forward to talking with fellow dedicated martial artists who i can learn from
Welcome

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From a former Shotokan practitioner, I say "Howdy!"

I've been enjoying the posts you've made, and look forward to reading more.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
9 lessons a week? Plus at home? I didn't know they made weeks with that much time in them ;) :rofl: Welcome to MT! Enjoy!

Latest Discussions