interval workout timers

karate-dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I am looking for an interval workout timer. Needs are: inexpensive, able to set 1,2,3,5 min workout, able to set rest periods 30 or 60 sec, audible sound to let you know. Does anyone know good brand and where to find?

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow, that online one on the speed bag forum is cool! Even better than the real timer we have (as it only allows for 2 min or 3 min rounds with 30 sec or 1 min rest).

OP
K

karate-dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Hey, just orderd the gymboss. Seems like an inexpensive way to do what I wanted. Thanks for the tip everyone!! Will let you know what I think of it after Tues. About $21 with shipping versus $80-$140 for the larger ones which appear to do the same thing.

OP
K

karate-dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Received the gymboss in the mail today (ordered late on Fri., so this in and of itself is fantastic). Ordering it was done on the phone with quick and personal service. The device is actually better than I could have imagined. The timers at 4 to 6 times the price do not give the options that the gymboss does. You can figure out how to use it in minutes. Instead of setting your workout for only 2,3 or 5 minute options you can set any interval from 1second to 60 minutes. Then you can set any rest period instead of being confined to just a few choices. It clips on your pants and has an audible or vibrate or both mode. This is the best $20 I have spent in a long time.

Latest Discussions