Interesting and possibly counterintuitive

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
A couple years back I was starting to have trouble with my fingers and hands, they were getting rather stiff. I started training Sanda and that meant hitting trees and even though I was rather concerned it would make things worse, it actually made things much better and my hands and fingers felt great.

I have not done any real striking training in a while now and I noticed today my hands are stiffening up again. I am going to go out and do some Sanda striking training tonight and see if things get better.

Anyone ever run into this type of thing.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not really the same thing, but i used to have RSI-CPS in my Right Wrist. Just One Month of Training, and i havent had it since. And id had this for nearly Two Years.

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Back when I used to do a lot of iron palm/forearm training, I remember hearing that this type of activity is very good for people who are prone to wrist and hand problems like Pianists, Guitarists, Typists etc and helps to get rid of pain inflicted by those activities. I vaguely remember that it may have had something to do with the increase in bone density due to the vibrations of the training. However I do not know the science behind it, and won't pretend to.

Latest Discussions