Inner gloves or hand wraps?

MTRussell

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok, so me and my son are training in Muay Thai and have been for about 6 months. We were talking to a few guys at our gym and they said Fairtex hand wraps are pretty good.

So, what do you think, are there any inner gloves that will support the hand well? Or are hand wraps a better idea?

Also, if you want to recommend any, feel free.

Emma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Definitely use hand wraps, inner gloves don't support the hands.

I'm not too sure on brands, but make sure they are long enough.

OP
M

MTRussell

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I've heard people talk about 180 inch hand wraps. Would these be a suitable size. My son is 12 so would he be better off getting the 120 inch ones?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everlast & Ringside make good handwraps that are reliably available. Length depends in large part on how you wrap. I actually prefer a hook & loop/Velcro type tie simply because it spares you dealing with knots. I'm not a fan of the "glove-wrap" things; I'm just not sure you can really get them wrapped well.

Emma

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks mate. I've heard people talk about 180 inch hand wraps. Would these be a suitable size. My son is 12 so would he be better off getting the 120 inch ones?
I'd get the 180" ones. I just measured mine and they are 140" ish, and aren't really too short for my hands, but longer wouldn't hurt. They do tend to come loose on me though, that might be because they aren't long enough.

Latest Discussions