Information on Dr. Gyi???

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So how do his supporters rationalize the whole "war hero" thing?

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
tom, i would suggest moving the discussion to TGD. my feelings are this thread won't last much longer here, shamefully so, but true altogether. :idunno:

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Personally...this **** is like smearing the blood of a fallen soldier on yourself and going around telling stories about YOUR great exploits and then making money off of them.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Hey! Why are posts being removed here?

This is not the only thread…..the Uri Geller thread is also experiencing some “pruning” by the Mods as well.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, I changed that "post chopped" post. For some reason MT keeps switching to hybrid mode and I cant find posts. Probably a cookie problem....

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Actually, I changed that "post chopped" post. For some reason MT keeps switching to hybrid mode and I cant find posts. Probably a cookie problem....

I see. I didn’t change my post but noticed Shesulsa chopped my post.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well..I guess Gyi's supporters dont want to address the "military question". But I do wonder is it now considered a "done deal"? Is it now accepted that the stories are bogus, or do some people still believe all the POW, Rescue Mission, 4 war verteran, Generals Rank stories?

Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Personally...this **** is like smearing the blood of a fallen soldier on yourself and going around telling stories about YOUR great exploits and then making money off of them.
Maybe you should see for yourself. Everyone is ready to hammer him, yet I doubt any of one has seen him in person. All of these claims that we see on the net is second hand information. As far as military records go, you can’t tell me that the military doesn’t make mistakes.

Now before anyone tries to hammer me for supporting his military claims, don’t. I neither believe nor disbelieve. I support the military and the jobs they do. My relationship has never been about any of his GI Joe stories. I met Dr. Gyi, the martial artist and that is the person I got to know.

Tom-
Seeing that you are here in Buffalo, why don’t you come to the seminar meet the man and report back to MT. I feel that it is unfair for people to attack him without hearing his side of the story. After all as a cop aren’t you suppose to get ALL sides of the story before passing judgment?

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So in other words his supporters dodge the question. Or ignore it. "The military makes mistakes"? Thats a lame excuse. FOUR WARS worth of records gone? Yeah maybe they misplace a form or dont approve some benefits by accident, but entire military histories including POW status and top secret rescue missions? Heck Ive read claims he even participated in desert storm. Thats pretty darn recent. And a Generals rank doesnt just fall through the cracks. BTW How does meeting the person change anything? What will "seeing him" clear up? Im not debating his martial skills, just his military claims. Is he going to bring some military records to present? If he is I will attend (as long as its free cause hes getting NONE of my money) , as then I would owe an apology. But I doubt he will because this would have been cleard up a long time ago. As a Cop I also know that talk is cheap. Evidence is key. He has made the claims, let him back them up.

No martial arts training, no matter how good, is going to get me to overlook this type of stuff.

Reactions: MJS

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Datu Puti said:
Tom-
Seeing that you are here in Buffalo, why don’t you come to the seminar meet the man and report back to MT. I feel that it is unfair for people to attack him without hearing his side of the story. After all as a cop aren’t you suppose to get ALL sides of the story before passing judgment?
I think this a great invitation and hope people take advantage of it. Let us know afterwards if validation or villification is warranted.

-Michael

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was the one who removed -2- posts from the Uri thread as complaining about MT moderation was off-topic for that thread.

NO posts were removed from this thread today according to the logs. There was a "site down" notice in my email from one of the server monitors I have watching MT, and I had a hell of a time accessing the board about 30-60 minutes ago. Considering I'm finding several double and a few triple posts, I'd blame it on a server hiccup. (The load on this server being at 2300% also indicates an issue)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
BTW...Cops dont "pass judgment". Judges and juries do that. All I need is probable cause. And I believe any reasonable person would call BS on these claims if they had even a mote of military experience.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Datu Puti said:
Maybe you should see for yourself. Everyone is ready to hammer him, yet I doubt any of one has seen him in person. All of these claims that we see on the net is second hand information. As far as military records go, you can’t tell me that the military doesn’t make mistakes.

Are you saying that the military can lose records for all those wars? And then foul up an investigation like that? It sounds like an excuse used by Frank Dux!!

And why would a typical person want to go and see someone that seems to have all these problems with integrity? It costs money to go and train with people. I know that if I there was someone who I was thinking of training with and they had all these questions around them, I would not be willing to shell out cash unless they made some effort other than "come and see for yourself" to explain the situation.

Again, change the names to Frank Dux, Ashida Kim or any other well- known fraud and ask yourself if you would still be willing to spend cash to go see them yourself. I can be quite open minded. But there seems to be nothing other than theories like the military losing records and attacks on critics to deal with these very serious accusations.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies156.htm
Publications that unwittingly contributed to Gyi’s clever sham over the years include Inside Kung-Fu, Masters of Kung-Fu, Command, and Soldier Of Fortune magazines. Loyal members of the Burmese-born grand master’s cult-like organization, the American Bando Association, close ranks around Gyi—who recently was visited by a federal agent and warned to cease and desist.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Were in TGD pal...cut loose!

oh, my bad. for some odd reason i was thinking it was in the "karate" section. don't i feel like an *** now. damn, and all along i was biting my tongue about things to say about Gyi... :iws:

well now that we've ascertained this, "reverence no more" i said quietly to myself... :)

...is Gyi a fake? i don't know :idunno: , but there is a TON of speculation. he claims to be a war hero doing things only some of us dream of doing or seeing in a bloody war movie, yet no record of his claims exist, ANYWHERE. why? anyone ever heard the phrase, "the appearance of evil"...? well, nevermind.

i get the feeling people are downplaying the fact that Gyi has only lied about things NOT related to martial arts so that should nullify the harm done, because by god if he lied about martial arts stuff we would crucify him, et al bruce calkins. pretty narrow-minded thinking if you ask me. i think they call that "3rd eye blind".

to me, it's about charcter. it should be to anyone who teaches the combat arts. you certainly don't want a BS'er teaching you how to defend yourself, do you? or perhaps just, "look the other way"...

perhaps some could say that Gyi has commited a "victimless crime" so no harm, no foul right...? wrong. i need not explain how ignorant that stance is.

character...it's all about character.

Abraham Lincoln:
Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Albert Einstein:
Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.

Benjamin Franklin:
There never was a good knife made of bad steel.

Helen Keller:
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

Thomas Edison:
What a man's mind can create, man's character can control.

to my knowledge, Gyi has never recanted the claims he has made. too proud, saving face, or pure cowardess. any one of the three would suffice.

Gyi is a liar, a thief, and a con...

a liar because he claimed things of himself that are not true. a thief because he took something, honor, that was not his. a con because he lead others, his own students, to make believe he was something he was not.

and forget the BS about "Gyi not being here to defend himself". he doesn't have the balls to, even if he was a member. it's a damn shame people resort to such antics to feel more important, to garner respect, even if it isn't necessary. shame on him.

forget training with him. if he came to my door selling newspaper subscriptions i'd tell him to suck it.

believe what you wish. a con is a con, no matter what clothing he wears.

as for a "forum conspiracy" to hide this fact. i don't believe this. there are PLENTY other sources people can reference this information. i do feel however that the speculation surrounding this guy should be brought about to unsuspecting others.

my own .02, if you hear of a Dr. Gyi seminar and perhaps find yourself interested, pass it up. you're most likely going to pay $60 to hear about things that never happened. a better investment would be $7.50 at your local movie theatre.

Theodore John Kaczynski was a brilliant, highly educated man. graduated from harvard, then goes on to master's and doctorate in math from the University of Michigan. he also killed 5 people and injured 32 with homemade bombs. so...would you want to study math under him?

:asian:

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Datu Puti said:

Now before anyone tries to hammer me for supporting his military claims, don’t. I neither believe nor disbelieve. I support the military and the jobs they do. My relationship has never been about any of his GI Joe stories. I met Dr. Gyi, the martial artist and that is the person I got to know.

Tom-

you would agree that Charles Manson was a less than decent human being right...? did you ever meet him?

we have heard his side of the story and mathematically, it just isn't feasible he did the things he claimed so often to do.

Sapper6

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
I think this a great invitation and hope people take advantage of it. Let us know afterwards if validation or villification is warranted.

-Michael

a great invitation to what? to learn martial arts? nobody is disputing his martial arts. it's the other BS. the only people who can validate this is the imaginary members of his "misfit" squad, and how can they? they don't exist. his own conscience is the only thing than can validate his ludicrious claims.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm adding 2 cents to the pot, then walking away from this game.

2 minor points:

1- Gyi is PC illiterate. He couldn't participate here even if he wanted too, without 3rd party help.

2- The man is old. I've never met a senior citizen who didn't tell whopper tales, embellishing things or just having facts mixed up. Was he always old? No. But why would someone apologize for a lie, that they remember as true?

2 cents. And a question:

The info on the phoney vet sites is pretty damning. How credible are they? Don and I had some discussions a while back concerning using such sites as a resource to refer people to in situations like this. I'd love to be able to say "Have a question about X's military career? Look here." and point at one of those sites as a expert.

Also, this is focusing on the military claims while ignoring the supposed verified training. But what about the martial arts side? What background information is there on that?

You're only looking at 1 piece of the puzzle. Put them all on the table.

Many times the reference to Calkins is made. Calkins claims were 1 by 1 disproven, people called, facts cross checked. Where is that evidence, cross checking and references here? For all the damning, I see minimal "fact checking and references".
I'd personally like to read them. I'm sure others would too.

Latest Discussions