If not

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If not for Martial Arts where would you be today?

What would have taken its place?

Why would have taken its place?

Terry

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If not for joining TKD, I probably would have better knees :) ...and a expanding waistline. I was bored with doing treadmill and floor exercises after eight months of it, so TKD made it-exercise- alot more interesting.

I suppose I would have been doing more art work as now TKD interrupts the middle of the day and the dinner hour but it has replaced one passion with another. TW

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think I would have floundered a lot. It really was a springboard to doing other things for me.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
If not for the rt I would not have met some of the friends that I now have and I would definitely have not gotten the chance to go to Okinawa!

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If not martial arts, I would have found something else because I have always been goal oriented, however, i can't imagine that I would have found anything that has had as strong of an impact on me or that i would have stayed with for life.

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'd probably be forty pounds overweight and an observer, rather than a "doer".

I would be missing out on the business opportunities MA has put in my path.

I wouldn't have met the nicest people in the world who we consider our closest friends.

I would probably not have travelled near as much as I do now.

I wouldn't have made friends all over the world.

I would feel less strong and confident.

I would have missed out on a couple of really big life lessons when it comes to trust and dealing with people.

...but I would have had healthier knees and shoulders. A fairly good trade off, IMO.:wink1:

I forgot, what would take it's place? Hmmmm...I really have no idea, probably something boring though.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Most likely spending time fishing! ... on training nights

In Hawaii we have this delicious eating fish call , Menpachi (red fish). Two ways to catch them, spearing for them (day or night) or hooking them at night only. We use light whipping poles or bamboo style to hook them from the rocky shoreline. A lantern is use to attact the fish to bring them close to you. When whipping for them at night we use a glow type of lures. Fun to catch and great to eat.

Fish or train? ....UM? Aloha (have try training fish?)

Latest Discussions