Iain Abernethy kata analysis podcast

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iain Abernethy's newsletter for this month contains a nice 18 minute distillation (in his wonderful Scots accent!) of the various keys to kata analysis his approach is built on—I think you should be able to access it without being a subscriber:

http://blog.iainabernethy.com/?p=35

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just got his newsletter and I'm jumping up and down as he's got his seminar dates on them! One is just up the road and one just down the road, yippeee!

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Lucky you, Tez... I'm hoping to get my chance down the line. It looks like I'm going to have to wait till the academic year after next to get to the UK, 2008-2009, but I'll have some flexibility in my timing and when I do go I'm going to set it up so it coincides with one of his seminars somewhere as near as possible to where I'll be based (Essex, probably, near Colchester). That podcast is so great, isn't it... first time through I missed half of what he was saying because that brogue is amost hypnotic...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of his seminars next year seem to be in the north of England, if it's the same when you are over we'll have to sort it so you stay with us, go to the seminar and be able to see one of our shows! I have a friend who has a small TKD class too who loves to have guests in his class!

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A lot of his seminars next year seem to be in the north of England, if it's the same when you are over we'll have to sort it so you stay with us, go to the seminar and be able to see one of our shows! I have a friend who has a small TKD class too who loves to have guests in his class!

Tez, a million thanks for the invitation and I will definitely take you up on it when I'm next able to get across the Pond. Am looking forward to meeting you and having a close-up look at what appears to be a very creative, vibrant MA scene in the UK. You folks seem to be able to get a lot done without the kind of backbiting sectarianism that I sometimes think is a signature of MA in this country... there must be a reason why it happens here so much but I've no idea what it is... anyway, thanks again!

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
The link worked fine for me. Thanks for the info. I enjoy anything by Abernethy Sensei.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

OP
exile

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score