I should have done this awhile ago...

DatFlow

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How you all doing? well... Names Mike. I get my username from my past ,and present, of Hip-hop dancing. Anyways, Just tomorow I will be signing up for my first Tang soo do school. I have been in aikido classes before, and loved it, unfortionatly they wanted an astronomical amount of money per month, so I stoped due to other things I needed done.

I'm new to Tang Soo do, and will have a thread open soon over there about what I need to know... haha thanks everyone! expect allot from me, If all goes well, I'll be here till i stop traning (which i hope is never) and you will be with me through each belt and stripe and even the mighty black belt.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings Mike,

Welcome to MT. TSD is a cool art. You will notice some similarities in physics (only so much the body can go) with Aikido when you do your sweeps, flips, and take downs.

With your Aikido background you're gonna have a blast when you spar. Your circular moves goes well against a linear opponent. TSD will compliment your Aikido nicely. Above all the instructor is more important than the art (imo).

Have fun posting. Lots of friendly people here.

Hawke

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings Mike, and Welcome to MT...

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Mike :wavey:

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk!

Mike

OP
DatFlow

DatFlow

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for all the wonderfull welcomes!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You're more than welcome, Datflow.

On a non-martial-arts front, what's the car depicted in your avatar? I'm usually good at identifying vehicles but the pics a bit small for my feeble old eyes (tho' I do note the huge amount of negative front camber :D).