I hurt my finger

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What no diddums?

Nah just knowing smiles and a couple of straight out laughs :D When the Guard Commander of the day next door to gym has a prosthetic leg after having his blown off by an ied you get no sympathy if you moan about a hurt finger, besides our instructor thinks Tiger Balm cures everything , even a broken arm, and he was a Combat Medic :D

OP
D

Darknight

White Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, i eventually got the MRI scan and had to pay for it myself. Its not the most comfortable or quickest procedure - very noisy and i had to do a superman pose to get my hand scan as i wasnt keen on having my whole body in the scanner. I then had to make another appointment with the doctor. He essentially said i was fine and didn't need a splint or anything and referred me to hand therapy to get my finger mobilisation back but i am doing that myself. I think he said there was a bit of fluid build up in the finger and signs of tendonitis but i cant remember now. Im going to go back to training tomorrow though im sure the finger isnt straight now, it still has a noticeable bump to me and it is still a bit painful :arghh:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, i eventually got the MRI scan and had to pay for it myself. Its not the most comfortable or quickest procedure - very noisy and i had to do a superman pose to get my hand scan as i wasnt keen on having my whole body in the scanner. I then had to make another appointment with the doctor. He essentially said i was fine and didn't need a splint or anything and referred me to hand therapy to get my finger mobilisation back but i am doing that myself. I think he said there was a bit of fluid build up in the finger and signs of tendonitis but i cant remember now. Im going to go back to training tomorrow though im sure the finger isnt straight now, it still has a noticeable bump to me and it is still a bit painful :arghh:

Well I'm glad you had to pay and didn't clog up the NHS or cost taxpayers for your MRI for something your doctor could have told you very easily.
Using it while it's still painful is a sure way to make sure it doesn't heal.

OP
D

Darknight

White Belt
Reaction score
hmm interesting idea, it is still inflamed , there is a Chinese herbal medicine shop i always walk past but on reading through the internet there is no one standard recipe for dit da jow

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop using the finger until it's healed, it will never get better if you continue to train with it. Ibuprofen for the inflammation.

D

Deleted member 39746

Oh, if you want a herbal remedy, consult a herbologist. They should be regulated in your country if they act clinically speaking. they are at least in the U.S (if i recall correctly, dont know bodies name) and U.K.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
hmm interesting idea, it is still inflamed , there is a Chinese herbal medicine shop i always walk past but on reading through the internet there is no one standard recipe for dit da jow
If it's still injured don't train on it....especially in grappling where you are constantly using your fingers for pulling and pushing and gripping and of course the risk of someone's knee or elbow or their body dropping on your hand and making it even worse.

Just rest get it healed then come back otherwise you have the risk of making it worse

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's still injured don't train on it....especially in grappling where you are constantly using your fingers for pulling and pushing and gripping and of course the risk of someone's knee or elbow or their body dropping on your hand and making it even worse.

Just rest get it healed then come back otherwise you have the risk of making it worse
And use this time to learn to grapple without that hand. It’s not easy, but can be done. You’ll lose more often, but that’s where the learning lives.

OP
D

Darknight

White Belt
Reaction score
yes but i wore a splint, im wondering if i should get it ultrasound checked

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe instead you should stop training like was initially suggested, both here and by the medical professionals you saw, rather than continuing to get new tests. Althout at this point, you've been actively training despite knowing you should be resting your finger, so you might have damaged it more and it might just be permanently bent from now on. Sucks.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just stay the hell away from any medical facility, stay in doors and only go out when necessary.

If all you have to moan about is a stupid 'injured' finger then you are bloody lucky. Open your eyes and see what is going on around you and frankly just shut the hell up about your finger. We had 100 deaths today, there will be more tomorrow, from Covid19, no one cares about your finger.

Latest Discussions