Hyper Martial Arts

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
After watching one of those videos I was thinking what would happen if one would fight against skillful Krav Maga or Muai Thai fighter or Kickboxer with using techniques like these? I mean these stunts look great and I am sure they are great practice for good body balance (like Yoga for instance), but purely as a fighting method... I don´t know..

I don't think xma skills were ever meant to instruct anyone in actual fighting arts, but rather just be a form of exercise and entertainment. They tend to come out more focused that a lot of average students of other arts however so at least they got that going for them.

Janina

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't think xma skills were ever meant to instruct anyone in actual fighting arts, but rather just be a form of exercise and entertainment. They tend to come out more focused that a lot of average students of other arts however so at least they got that going for them.

Yeah, I´m sure these methods are good for developing body balance and speed and it may be good to practice whatever helps one to make these aspects better. I was only wondering if there is some real value as fighting method on this hyper-practice thing. I personally don´t know anything about this art cause I am a Karateka and Iaido practitioner. Just wondering..