Huntsville, Al, is Kenpo alive here?

Fly

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know someone who lives in Huntsville, AL who knows American Kenpo Karate (AKK)? Been here 2 years and so far I have found no one. Help! Just looking for a workout partner. I can teach (though I am forgetting most by now) for free!
Fly

tai scorpio

White Belt
Reaction score
hi there, in hurtsville,al my name is sifu bernard (scorpio) strickland and i,m from birmingham,ala. and i teach (ed parker american kenpo) and (david german t.a.i.kenpo) as well. i use to teach at a rec.center but right now i,m teaching out of my home. you can reach me @ [email protected] or you can call me @ 1-205-785-9401. my master was the late (mr bill parks) of b,ham who study under (sr g.m.ed parker) and (sr g.m. david german) back doing the late sixthy and seventhy went he use to live in l.a. calif. drop me a line. sincerly sifu bernard (scorpio) strickland 5th degree black belt (assoc.prof.)

OP
F

Fly

White Belt
Reaction score
:yinyang:Anyone who lives in Huntsville, AL and is interestred in learing American Kenpo Karate (AKK), email me at [email protected]. I decided to start teaching, I guess I am on my own here. To be honest, I just wanted to go and train and learn more and more, but there are no schools around here, hence, I will instead teach. My style is in the Tracy's Kenpo system. My teacher's are both in the Kenpo Hall of Fame (Dick Willet and Orned "chicken" Gabriel). I did modify my system to a more user friendly style. I still have everything required but it is cut in half when it comes to self defense techniques, and can take one to 1st degree black belt.
I have studied since 1972 and am a 5th degree black belt. I was also a rated NASKA and PKL fighter in the 80's and 90's.
Vic

tai-strick

White Belt
Reaction score
hi there, in hurtsville,al my name is sifu bernard (scorpio) strickland and i,m from birmingham,ala. and i teach (ed parker american kenpo) and (david german t.a.i.kenpo) as well. i use to teach at a rec.center but right now i,m teaching out of my home. you can reach me @ [email protected] or you can call me @ 1-205-785-9401. my master was the late (mr bill parks) of b,ham who study under (sr g.m.ed parker) and (sr g.m. david german) back doing the late sixthy and seventhy went he use to live in l.a. calif. drop me a line. sincerly sifu bernard (scorpio) strickland 5th degree black belt (assoc.prof.)

Latest Discussions