How Was Work Today?

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How Was Work Today? This is the thread to gripe and complain AND also share good news or experiences from your job.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Work was fine for me to day.

I have a 3 day weekend this weekend but I got to watch all hell break loose on my blackberry. :D

I'm just glad I wasn't....there.

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh, what a weekend! I'm offshore at the moment and the rig's had nothing but problems!! Won't bore you with the details but working 0530 - 1830 each day and won't be home till the end of the month!!

Aaaahhhh - feels much better now I've had a wee rant! Almost lunchtime, at least the food is good here :)

Thanks for asking!

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Work was great yesterday... only because I didnt have to be there. Thank God I have weekends off.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Been on vacation for the last week. We just moved into a new house two weeks ago so my week of "vacation" has been more work than work is. Got a lot accomplished and had fun with my wife for the week. Gotta go back to work at 0300 on monday and am not looking forward to getting behind the wheel that early.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Well...

I've been sick as a DOG for the past few days... darn DE weather!

Got sick about an hour before I got off Friday night at Midnight... then had to work 10-7 Friday and yesterday...

I spent all day sipping on flat Coke to keep my stomache... well, in my stomache!

After sleeping 14-hours on Friday... and about 12+ last night... I'm FINALLY starting to feel a little better...

Tonight I get to work 5pm-1am... then I'm off until Wednesday night!

Note to self: Send Ed McMahon and the PCH Prize Patrol dude a nasty email for not ringing my doorbell yet! :ultracool

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So how was everyone's Monday?

Can't complain---had a great class this morning, my students were sharp as pins, very involved in the material... looked up at one point and the two hours were just about gone, hadn't even given them their break. And nothing bad happened to spoil that good start, so... all in all, a very good day, wouldn't complain one bit if this were the worst it ever got.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Not too bad... I didn't get as much done as I'd have liked, but that's the way it usually goes!

JasonASmith

Black Belt
Reaction score
There's a reason I refer to my work as the Hellhole...
George Carlin once said that hard work isn't long hours or physical labor; Hard work is when you send a man to do something that he doesn't want to do, and then keep him there and pay him for it...
I work for an industrial printing company on a web-fed printing press...We print catalogues(Harry and David, Neiman Marcus, Horchow, Williams Sonoma, etc.) for yuppies...

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, I guess I am going to go against the grain here, but I had a FANTASTIC day at work yesterday. Still locked away in a small room with no windows, but at least it was nice and cool for all the computer equipment there. Plus there is only about 6 people whose cards are keyed to unlock the door, so I am left alone with nobody to bother me. Finished about 12 hours of work in 8 and went home early. Then again my boss is a fabulous, intellegent, caring individual who lets me do anything I want... OH yeah, I work for myself; forget what I said, the boss is a heartless slave-driving wad. :)

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hate it that when I show up to work on time or early and there is no one around who would care, but when I show up late, my manager, team leaders, dept head etc... have all shown up early and are looking for me...Murphy's Law of Work

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My job is just stupid.

BUT I didnt have to climb anything, and I didn't plummet to my death, so it was a typical day.

MSTCNC

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I had a GREAT, Monday... I WAS OFF! :ultracool

That, and I had my 1st official class as a new Member of Cebu West...

PLUS, we had a special guest last night... Chester Brown... who was in the area for a seminar with the Penn Kenpo Arnis group...

All in all... one of my better Mondays as of late...

Yours in the arts,

Andy

OP
J

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So how did everyone's week go? Mine's over soon and then I'm OFF for a week!

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
Week started off crappy. I was in the ER with my mom most of the weekend and then ended up there myself on Monday. But the week ended off great. My staff handled things well in my 1-day absense. Finished another website and hit $6 million, year to date, with one of the ones I bulit last year. So the boss was happy.

TGIF!

Everyone have a great Friday and even better weekend!