How to build a school

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What do all of you do during the Holiday to build your student base:

I know there are two types the ADults and the Childern. Just wondering if anybody does anything special this time of year.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am still trying tofind a way to build a better student base duringthis time of year. It is hard during this time and during baseball season to up the student base. With the holidays it is hard to find time for demos and since there are not very many tourneys during this time it makes it tough.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Searcher I agree this time of year is a long hauk to help bring in student so was wondering what every school owner does for this

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am still trying to figure that out at this time. I am going to try to offer some type of Christmas special.

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Our school, in conjunction with some agency such as Muscular Distrophy or Juvinile Diabetes, has a board breaking demonstration at the malls. During the holiday seasons, esp. x-mas can be a great way of getting your school involved in community affairs, donating to the particular cause, and at the same time promote the school. Having staff/black belts in and around the crowds that encircle the demo, hand out any holiday specials you offer, and answering questions, has in the past brought in many students to my school.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our school, in conjunction with some agency such as Muscular Distrophy or Juvinile Diabetes, has a board breaking demonstration at the malls. During the holiday seasons, esp. x-mas can be a great way of getting your school involved in community affairs, donating to the particular cause, and at the same time promote the school. Having staff/black belts in and around the crowds that encircle the demo, hand out any holiday specials you offer, and answering questions, has in the past brought in many students to my school.

That is some good advice!

stoneheart

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Christmas is a great time to do flyers when people are out and about shopping for gifts. If your studio is near a mall or shopping center, stick your current promotion on their cars. It may not pay off right away but come January (New Year's Resolution time) you may see your new student enrollment take off.

Fluffy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Recruitment is great for November - with the end of Football and Soccer, Retention is the key to December - I sell upgrades, we have a testing and a strong proshop push, Recruitment is the key for January and February as for resolutions and the such.

Latest Discussions