name stamps or school stamps

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does anybody have a some pointers on buying a school and name carved stamp. Does a ying or yang stamp better than the other? How do I know if the writing is correct, for all I know the stamp could say do not ship from this side! Also how do you tell if the stamp is lined up in the proper direction. All the best in the arts

TKDmel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Bret,
I think if you did a google/yahoo searc under "personalized stamps" you may find what you are looking for. They know exactly how to lay them out so the print comes out right.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
These are what you are looking for I believe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanko_(stamp)

Best bet is to do your research first, find out what they are, what they are for, and where to get them.

They are not going to be cheap, unless it is just a rubber assembly line type of thing you are looking for to make things look more "Asian"

OP
B

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
School stamps, name stamps, Yes that is what I was looking for. But I would like to know if the stamp was cut right. How do i know that it does not say do not truck from this side,instead of my school name or my name? I also was looking for some one that might have bought some and could recomend a maker of stamps. All the best in the arts

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Communicate with them to find out what characters they are using, look them up independently or get someone that understands them to double check them if you feel the need too.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
I'd get it done, then post up a shot of it Bret, I'd be happy to take a look. I'm sure others will too, heck probably before I got a chance to post.

Another good way, know any fluent Koreans? :)

Honestly though, if you want the english name phonetically translated into Korean, post it and I can upload an image of it, heck I'd even send you the art to give to the stamp makers. You can usually give those places a file and they'll make a stamp from that.

Latest Discussions