How much retaliation is legal when in a street fight?

OP
R

Ravensign

One thing I am realizing as I read this is, I just don't care about the law necessarily, when it comes to my home...

Fast forward to 5 years from now, and assuming I have 5 years of Kali/Silat underneath me.

If someone, comes into my home with a knife, I am going to both neutralize and punish them for doing so, and deal with the consequences.

OP
L

LanceWildcat1

Ravensign:
One thing I am realizing as I read this is, I just don't care about the law necessarily, when it comes to my home...
Fast forward to 5 years from now, and assuming I have 5 years of Kali/Silat underneath me.
If someone, comes into my home with a knife, I am going to both neutralize and punish them for doing so, and deal with the consequences.

The bottom line, here, is--you have to make a decision based on the moment and what you are faced with. For instance, If my wife, son, and I are in the front room and a home invasion occurs, with one gunman, my comment to the court afterwards is,"He had a gun, he broke in, and I had to assume that he meant my family and I serious bodily harm or death, so I responded in kind. If it resulted in his death, so be it. He made the decision to break into my home and threaten my family-hence, he showed that he didn't care what happened to us or him. Faced with him or my family, it was him that suffered serious injury or death. I have stated before in these forums that if it comes to him or me and my family, he's dead and I'll accept whatever consequences lie ahead. :angry:

Latest Discussions