how legit is chatsworth krav maga?

mattjans

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you read what it says on your link you can see what I mean. There's nothing wrong with it at all just something you might want to be aware of that when people mention a deity in their publicity they may have more of a religious slant than you wish or perhaps not enough of one, entirely up to you.
As mentioned in other reply, no mention of religion or middle east politics in my experience (3 years) at Alliance KM HQ. To the OP's original question about Chattsworth, the instructors bio page, which says something about "through God's help..." would turn me off, but if it was the best, closest, I'd still give it a chance since a lot of religious people are dedicated but not pushy. Though have the same concerns with MA schools.

Looks like there's a Simi Valley KM Alliance school in case that's close to you. See others at link below.

Affiliates

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But FYI, there's nothing essentially religious or political about it. Since there's no "code" to chant at each class, etc. that takes care of that part. I haven't heard religion or politics mentioned once in my year of KM thus far.

Actually I wasn't talking about the style being of any religious origin but the site that the OP posted up had several references to 'thanking G-d' and 'Through God’s direction and perseverance Mr.Cox now operate one of largest schools in the San Fernando Valley that presently has over 400 Black Belts' etc so I think that it is a Christian orientated group, I know that it's a feature of quite a few American martial arts groups. Just something that a potential student may wish to consider, he may like that or not. It has no bearing on the style of martial arts taught.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned in other reply, no mention of religion or middle east politics in my experience (3 years) at Alliance KM HQ. To the OP's original question about Chattsworth, the instructors bio page, which says something about "through God's help..." would turn me off, but if it was the best, closest, I'd still give it a chance since a lot of religious people are dedicated but not pushy. Though have the same concerns with MA schools.

Looks like there's a Simi Valley KM Alliance school in case that's close to you. See others at link below.

Affiliates

If you see my answer, it's nothing to do with Krav Maga or the Middle East and all to do with that particular school.

mattjans

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Actually I wasn't talking about the style being of any religious origin but the site ...

Sorry for the mis-read. I totally agree with you on that. At first I was concerned that KM would religious or political, so I thought I'd mention that, too.

OP, if you have an experience with them, let us know. Sorry if I missed it. Just skimming today.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the mis-read. I totally agree with you on that. At first I was concerned that KM would religious or political, so I thought I'd mention that, too.

OP, if you have an experience with them, let us know. Sorry if I missed it. Just skimming today.

Trust me, if it were a Jewish style , the instructor would be a mother reminding you while she is beating you around the floor to phone your parents and make sure you study hard at school/college/uni or asking when you are getting married just before she KO's you! After training there would be cake. :D

Nu, excuse me who said that was my martial arts class? Anyway it's not always cake sometimes we go down the pub.:p

Latest Discussions