How does your TKD

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Training differs from years ago, for those of you that have less than 5 years what has change in your short time frame?
Terry

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Some of the forms and one step sparring techniques have changed.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
The only things I've seen are certain steps in the forms, and 3- steps (similar to one steps- we don't do one- steps though). No big changes.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My training has gotten less...shall I say, intense. Back in the early 80's when I started, class was 2 or 2 1/2 hours long (Now only an hour) & we did basics for the 1st hour & forms & sparring the remaining time. I doubt few students (teens like I was) would want to do that now. I miss it, but I don't know if I could do it now, myself.

xayvong

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
more intensive drills, harder sparring, more teaching, ect it seems there more exprience we recieve the more our instructer pushes us.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
Training differs from years ago, for those of you that have less than 5 years what has change in your short time frame?
Terry
Recently (w/in the last year) started training (from time to time) with my old TKD instructor in my old home-town. There are some differences, all of the old Hyung are in there, but there are some new ones too. Some of the self-defense skills taught are different (Reflecting my instructors pref. to cross-train) and the variety of Types of sparring is MUCH better. (the school does Point, continuous...and others.....but NO Olympic Crap)

I enjoy it.
I mostly do it just for Kicks. ;)
Still predominantly practice Kenpo.

Your Brother
John

painstain

Green Belt
Reaction score
ours is always being updated. the way we get up from a fall or takedown has changed. double center block has changed slightly. new stretches added almost monthly. new sd techniques etc...

with respect
painstain